A line of thunderstorms forced many high school football games to be delayed until Saturday and others delayed to later Friday night.
The Manual at Central game was postponed to Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and the Floyd Central-Male game was postponed to Saturday at 11 a.m.
The Seneca game at John Hardin was to resume at 7:30 p.m. Saturday with Seneca leading 15-6 in the second quarter.
The latest list of Saturday start times:
- Doss-PRP – 11 a.m.
- Eastern at Jeffersontown – 10 a.m.
- Manual at Central – 7:30 p.m.
- Christian Academy at Lexington Christian – TBD
- DeSales at Holy Cross – 7 p.m.
- Springs Valley at Silver Creek – 7 p.m.
- Ballard at St. Xavier – 11 a.m.
- Southern at Moore – 10 a.m.
- Butler at Fern Creek – 8 p.m.
- New Albany at Providence – 10 a.m.
- Mitchell at Salem – 10 a.m.
- Eastern (Pekin) at West Washington 10 a.m.
The delays came after a line of storms moved through the Louisville area. Metrosafe reported seven structure fires in suburban Louisville fire districts. LG&E reported scattered power outages in Eastern Jefferson County with more than 2,500 customers without power.
Floyd Central students Austin Newell and Floyd Central cheerleade Alison Akerman (from left) wait out a rain delay at Floyd Central High School on Friday. Lightning delayed the game between Floyd Central and Male. (By David Lee Hartlage, Special to the C-J) Aug. 22, 2014.