Four-star QB Jarren Williams decommits from Kentucky, again

Photo: AAG

Four-star QB Jarren Williams decommits from Kentucky, again

News

Four-star QB Jarren Williams decommits from Kentucky, again

LEXINGTON, Ky. – After this weekend, Kentucky football’s search for the quarterback of the future begins again.

Jarren Williams, the four-star quarterback from Gwinnett Central, Ga., decommitted from Kentucky after visiting Miami, he told Courier Journal via text.

Williams originally committed to the Wildcats in 2016, but briefly backed away from the pledge earlier this year to consider his options. He recommitted to the Wildcats staff in May.

“It’s just where I feel comfortable,” Williams said then. “I’m going to be around these players and coaches every day.”

Williams, who passed for 3,015 yards, rushed for 554 and accounted for 38 touchdowns as a senior this season, visited Kentucky twice this fall for the Florida and Tennessee games. But it recently became obvious he once again was considering other schools.

He set up official visits to Miami, Ohio State (Nov. 17) and Auburn (Nov. 24) in November. After his trip to Miami, where he watched the Hurricanes defeat Notre Dame 41-8, Williams officially re-opened his recruitment.

The move leaves Kentucky in a familiar situation without its expected headlining quarterback in the class. Four-star 2017 quarterback Mac Jones de-committed from Kentucky last year and ultimately signed with Alabama in February.

For more, visit the Courier-Journal

Latest

More USA TODAY High School Sports
Home