Gabe Infante of St. Joseph’s Prep (Philadelphia) was named the Army Bowl National Coach of the Year at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Awards Show on Friday in San Antonio.
Infante led The Prep to a 14-0 record, the Pennsylvania 6A state title and the No. 8 spot in the final Super 25 rankings. St. Joe’s Prep beat Central Catholic (Pittsburgh) 42-7 in the PIAA final.
St. Joe’s Prep outscored the opposition 563-219 and scored at least 35 points in 13 of 14 games.
Infante was selected from among six finalists who led their teams to final Super 25 rankings.
- Kenny Sanchez, No. 1 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas)
- Elijah Brooks, No. 4 DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.)
- Bruce Rollinson, No. 9 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.)
- John Lambourne, No. 11 Bingham (South Jordan, Utah)
- Thomas Wilcher, No. 15 Cass Tech (Detroit)