The stage is set for a busy stretch of big high school events over the next four days after megastorm Sandy left its mark on the schedule.
Section 4 champions will be crowned in soccer, football, cross country, girls volleyball and girls swimming this week.
A look at the schedule, with some events revised because of the storm:
* Cross country: The Section 4 championships will be held Thursday at Chenango Valley State Park in the Binghamton area.
The meet begins at 11 a.m. and concludes at about 3:30. There will be a total of eight races, with boys and girls competing in four separate classes.
* Football: Waverly and Elmira will play for titles Saturday at Union-Endicott’s Ty Cobb Stadium.
Waverly faces Chenango Forks at 5 p.m. in the Class C final. At 8 p.m., Elmira and Binghamton clash for the Class AA crown.
* Girls soccer: The schedule for the title games was announced Tuesday and includes games involving Elmira and Elmira Notre Dame.
Elmira will play Corning at 7 p.m. Friday at Ithaca High School in Class AA.
Notre Dame meets Unatego at 4:30 p.m. Friday at Greene High School in Class C.
* Boys soccer: The Class D semifinal between Notre Dame and Margaretville has been rescheduled for 3 p.m. Thursday at the National Soccer Hall of Fame fields in Oneonta.
The Class C semifinal between Lansing and Watkins Glen was rescheduled for 3 this afternon at Lansing.
Corning and Ithaca will play for the Class AA title Saturday at the Hall of Fame fields in Oneonta. The time will be announced.
* Girls volleyball: The Class AA final between Corning and Ithaca was rescheduled from Tuesday to 6 tonight at Southside High School.
The Class C quarterfinals were pushed back to today.
Among the matchups in Class C, Thomas A. Edison will host Susquehanna Valley at 6 p.m.
Sidney and Watkins Glen will play at 4 p.m. in a first-round match at Waverly High School, with the winner playing Waverly in a quarterfinal at 6.
Pool-play semifinals in classes B, C and D will be held Thursday at Horseheads Middle School.
The Class A final between the Union-Endicott/Vestal winner and Horseheads will be played at 6 p.m. Friday at Southside. The finals in the other three classes will be played Saturday at Watkins Glen, with matches at 3:30, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
* Girls swimming: The Section 4 class preliminaries were moved from today to Thursday. Class A is at Elmira Free Academy, Class B at Owego Free Academy and Class C at Waverly.
The diving finals are Friday and the swimming finals will be held at Owego on Saturday.