* Year in school/sport: Senior tight end on the Sabres’ football team.
* Highlights: Wenzel caught a 3-yard touchdown pass from Parker Hagen with 10.7 seconds remaining Friday against St. Cloud Tech.
Cody Partch’s point-after kick gave Sartell a 21-20 victory at Husky Stadium. Wenzel finished with four catches for 86 yards.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “Athletics over the years has taught me that hard work and dedication can help you accomplish anything if you put your mind into it.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “I don’t know … Off the top of my head, I’d have to say (Friday’s TD catch) that for sure.”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “For close games like Friday, I go home and eat a pretty big meal. Then I get focused and concentrate for the big game in the locker room.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “I got pantsed in the hallway once by Dylan Hollenkamp.”
* Favorite food: Stromboli.
* Favorite movie: Taken.
* Favorite TV show: ESPN SportsCenter.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Facebook. “I am not a gamer at all.”
* What are your post-high-school plans? He plans to go to college and hopes to major in engineering. He is being recruited for baseball by Itasca Community College in Grand Rapids and also is considering North Dakota State for its engineering program.
* What’s next? Sartell is host to Willmar at 7 p.m. Friday in a Central Lakes Conference game.
The Cardinals are led by senior quarterback Alex Grove, who is in his third year as a starter. Willmar is 1-3 in the CLC and 2-4 overall.
Sartell is 3-1 in the conference and 5-1 overall after the Tech win.
“It was a big win for us because we know we can beat any team in the St. Cloud area and it puts us in a good position for a bye in the playoffs,” Wenzel said.
— Tom Elliott