* Year in school/sport: Senior linebacker/kicker for the Bulldogs football team.
* Highlights: Busch’s interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter ended up being the winning score in Becker’s 21-14 win over Minneapolis DeLaSalle in the state Class 4A quarterfinals Friday at Hopkins.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “You have to be reliable. And to compete in athletics, you need to keep your grades up and be a good student as well.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “I think that’d probably be the interception (against DeLaSalle).
“It happened so quick that I didn’t really have time to think about it and we needed it to happen.”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “I just try to stay as calm as I can. Last year and the beginning of this year, I’d get super nervous going into games.
“Trying to stay calm is something I’ve worked on every game. I just try to take a nap.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “I don’t know. I don’t get embarrassed too often. A lot of people would say something was embarrassing and I don’t even think about it.”
* Favorite food: Cheese curds.
* Favorite movie: Coach Carter.
* Favorite TV show: ESPN SportsCenter.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Facebook. He doesn’t play video games.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “I’m going to college at Bemidji State.” He plans to major in aquatic biology, but has no plans to play sports in college.
He also plays baseball at Becker.
* What’s next? The Bulldogs play Hutchinson in the Class 4A state semifinals at 4:30 p.m. Thursday at the Metrodome in Minneapolis.
Hutchinson is 11-0 and was ranked second in the final state Class 4A poll by The Associated Press. Becker is 10-1 and was ranked sixth in the same poll.
“They’re a power running team, kind of like the power running teams we’ve faced all year,” Busch said. “We’re well-prepared for that.
“If we can shut them down running in the middle, we should be in good shape.”
— Tom Elliott