Trinity blew a 16-point lead and was outscored 45-30 in the final three quarters as Henry Clay escaped with a 53-51 win in a Kentucky Farm Bureau Classic game at the East Kentucky Expo Center in Pikeville.
Darryl Hicks, who totaled 21 points, missed a 3-point shot as time expired for Trinity (4-1). Trey Ivory added 13 for the Shamrocks.
The Blue Devils (5-1) had three players score in double figures: Christian Cunningham (15), Darien Tichenor (13) and Trey Grundy (10).
Other Kentucky Farm Bureau
* Central 64, Betsy Layne 44: Dominique Chandler poured in a game-high 22 points to lead the Yellowjackets (4-0) past the Bobcats (5-2). Teammate Stuart Jackson notched a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. Betsy Lane was led by Peyton Case, who finished with 14 points.
* Male 61, East Ridge 37: Josh Stoner erupted for 28 points, including six threes, to lead the Bulldogs (4-3) over the Warriors (4-4). Teammate D.J. Lambert scored five points to go along with a team-high six assists. East Ridge was led by Johnny Miller, who finished with 13 points.
PRP’s Throwback Classic
* Pleasure Ridge Park 96, Thomas Nelson 31: Antonio McDaniels knocked down six threes en route to a game-high 20 points as the host Panthers (6-1) blew past the Wolverines (1-7) to take the tournament championship.
Jeril Taylor also turned in a strong performance with 19 points. Thomas Nelson was led by Christopher Unseld, who finished with nine points.
* Waggener 100, Walden 25: The Wildcats (5-5) outscored the Wolverines (1-5) 29-7 in the first quarter en route to a lopsided win in the consolation game.
Tony Washington had 27 points and Kevin Kirby had 13 for the Wildcats.
* PRP 88, Waggener 56: Earlier, John Oyler scored a game-high 22 points to lead the host Panthers (5-1) over the Wildcats (4-5) in a semifinal. Teammates Jovante Lavender and Richard Sawyer also chipped in 12 points apiece. Waggener was led by Joe Head, who finished with 16 points.
* Thomas Nelson 78, Walden 27: Anthony Youngman exploded for a game-high 29 points as the Generals (1-6) cruised past the Wolverines (1-4) in the other semifinal.
Teammate Austin Willett also added 14 points. Sean Dowling paced Walden with 15 points.
* Newport Central Catholic 63, Christian Academy 3
4: The host Thoroughbreds outscored the Centurions 26-3 in the third quarter en route to victory.
For Newport Central Catholic (6-0), Jake Schulte and Drew McDonald each scored eight points in the third to help the Hornets pull away. McDonald finished with 18 points, and Schulte had 10.
The Centurions dropped to 6-2.