Postseason awaits Tigers – By STAN CALDWELL
Just calling them as I see them…
* Hattiesburg, over: Good defense and a favorable schedule should get the Tigers to the playoffs.
* Oak Grove, under: Not even Brett Favre can help the Warriors, who have no experience.
* Petal, over: Marcus Boyles brings an amazing record of success to the Panthers’ program.
* FCAHS, over: This is a no-brainer. Seasoned Aggies may win twice that many.
* Purvis, over: Talented tailback Thamaz Taylor gives the Tornadoes a big weapon.
* Sumrall, push: Despite the schedule, six is a realistic goal for the Bobcats.
* North Forrest, over: A lot will depend on how the Eagles fare in early games.
* Lumberton, push: Panthers have a lot of questions heading into this season.
* PCS, over: Bobcats expect a big season, but they have a tough early schedule.
* Others: Columbia, under; Seminary, over; West Marion, over; Perry Central, under; Bassfield, over; East Marion, over; Richton, push.
Tough road for Oak Grove – by JASON MUNZ
The truth is, nobody can predict the future.
But that’s never stopped anybody – including me – from giving it the ol’ college try.
So, here goes:
* Hattiesburg High, over: The Tigers return a lot of talent from last year’s playoff team.
* Oak Grove, push: Nevil Barr hasn’t been to the playoffs 11 of the past 12 years for nothing. But inexperience abounds.
* Petal, over: Sure, Anthony Alford is gone, but don’t sleep on Larson Barkurn.
* PCS, over: The Bobcats have improved every year under Joey Hawkins.
* North Forrest, over: Jalen Haskin and Denver Magee are a powerful combo.
* FCAHS, over: This one’s too easy. The Aggies are for real.
* Purvis, over: Another easy one. Thamaz Taylor is a beast.
* Sumrall, push: The Bobcats will get to six, and get into the playoffs again.
* Lumberton, under: Numbers are a problem for the Panthers.