* Zach Bacon, Franklin, DE, Sr.
* R.J. Bell, Franklin, OT, Sr.
* Cord Collier, Centennial, TE/DE, Sr.
* Robert Kelly, Hillsboro, RB/CB, Sr.
* Aaron Maher, Brentwood, QB/S, Jr.
* Jaylen McGriff, Ravenwood, WR/CB, Sr.
* Oscar Prado, Independence, RB/WR/SS, Sr.
* J.J. Tomlin, Centennial, QB, Sr.
* Jalen Wade, Independence, RB/DE/LB, Sr.
* Austin Winfree, Brentwood, QB/OLB, St.
* Tony Flemister, Franklin, WR/S, Jr.
* Ben Green, Brentwood, WB/OLB, Sr.
* Vic Wharton, Independence, QB/RB/WR/CB, Jr.
* Brentwood at Independence, Aug. 30
* Independence at Franklin, Oct. 12
* Franklin at Brentwood, Oct. 26
Adding on: Defending District 11-AAA champion Independence had added junior Vic Wharton, who helped lead CPA to the Class 3A semifinals. He has offers from North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Mississippi and Mississippi State, among others. Safety Rashaan Gaulden transferred from Brentwood Academy, but the junior may be ineligible this year because his home is within 20 miles of BA. Eagles Coach Kevin Dyson said he plans to file a hardship exception with the TSSAA. Gaulden has offers from Mississippi State, Nebraska, Tennessee, Mississippi and Vanderbilt.
Veteran Bruins: Mark Pemberton is working with a veteran team that includes 36 seniors in his first year as Brentwood’s coach. The Bruins return seven starters on both sides of the ball from last year’s 8-5 Class 6A quarterfinal team. Tackle Logan Teichmann (6-5, 257, Sr.) anchors the Bruins’ 3-4 defense. Brentwood has switched to a wing-T offense after running the triple option under former coach Ron Crawford.
Young Rebels: Donnie Webb inherits a young team in his first year as Franklin’s coach with only three returning starters on offense and defense. A lot will depend on how quickly the Rebels adapt to his multiple offense and 4-3 defense. Webb is in familiar surroundings after serving as Franklin’s defensive coordinator from 2004-09. Linebacker Will McKerley and cornerback Yameek Woods will help lead the defense.
1. Cookeville (6A)
2. Coffee Co. (6A)
3. Cumberland Co. (5A)
4. White Co. (5A)
5. Warren Co. (6A)
1. Columbia (5A)
2. Tullahoma (5A)
3. Shelbyville (5A)
4. Lincoln Co. (6A)
5. Lawrence Co. (5A)
6. Franklin Co. (6A)
1. Henry Co. (5A)
2. Dickson Co. (6A)
3. Northeast (5A)
4. Clarksville (5A)
5. Springfield (5A)
6. Northwest (5A)
7. Kenwood (5A)
8. Rossview (6A)
9. West Creek (5A)
1. Brentwood (6A)
2. Independence (6A)
3. Franklin (6A)
4. Centennial (5A)
5. Hillsboro (5A)
6. Ravenwood (6A)
Playoff class in parentheses
Semifinalists: Beech, Powell, Henry Co., Knoxville West
Finalists: Henry Co., Powell
Semifinalists: Riverdale, Whitehaven, Maryville, Siegel
Finalists: Maryville, Whitehaven