* Alex Bars, MBA, Jr., OL
* Keenan Bass, BGA, Sr., RB
* Corn Elder, Ensworth, Sr., RB/DB
* Jamonte Graham, Father Ryan, Sr., RB/DB
* Brad Jarreau, Pope John Paul II, Sr., WR
* Amos Mason, Brentwood Acad., Sr., OL/DL
* Jalen Ramsey, Brentwood Acad., Sr., RB/DB
* Jashon Robertson, MBA, Jr., DL
* Max Staver, Brentwood Acad., Sr., QB
* D’Montre Wade, Brentwood Acad., Sr., RB/DB
* Reeves Berry, BGA, So., DB
* Donovan Sheffield, Ensworth, So., DB
* Andrew Rector, Father Ryan, So., RB/DB
* Baylor at Ensworth, Sept. 14
* MBA at Ensworth, Oct. 5
* Brentwood Acad. at Ensworth, Oct. 19
More Max: After Max Staver accounted for 1,903 yards and 19 touchdowns in 12 games last season, Brentwood Academy hopes he can be a bit more productive this fall — particularly in the ground game. “We’re going to utilize him more as a running quarterback,” new Eagles coach Cody White said. In limited carries as a junior, the 6-foot-5 Florida commitment rushed for 140 yards and three TDs, averaging 2.5 yards per attempt.
Tough in the trenches: MBA coach Marty Euverard expects the Big Red’s strength to be up front on both sides of the ball. Senior center John Powell will anchor an offensive line that also will feature two of the area’s top juniors in guard Jashon Robertson and tackle Alex Bars. Robertson already committed to Vanderbilt, where he is expected to play defense, but will give MBA some added punch in the interior after moving from tight end.
Young under center: As last season’s 2-8 finish would indicate, Jerry Joslin hasn’t inherited a lot of established players at Pope John Paul II. Among the starting spots still being contested for the Knights is quarterback, where sophomore Jacob Jarreau — the brother of senior receiver Brad Jarreau — and junior Jacob Polman are the top candidates. Neither of the two saw much varsity action last fall.
2. Brentwood Academy
6. Father Ryan
8. Pope John Paul II
DII-AA POSTSEASON PREDICTIONS
Semifinalists: Baylor, Brentwood Acad., Ensworth, MUS
Finalists: Brentwood Acad., Ensworth
Champion: Brentwood Acad.