* Year in school/sport: Junior hitter/setter for the Tigers’ volleyball team.
* Highlights: Loesch had 15 kills and 14 sets assists in a 3-1 win over St. Cloud Apollo on Thursday at Tech. The Tigers beat the Eagles 25-16, 25-20, 19-25, 25-20.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “I think it’s taught me a lot about playing as a team. It’s a team sport and not just about yourself. You’ve got to work together and communication. Everyone’s got to contribute.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Last year, we beat Rocori in three and we hadn’t beaten them in a really long time. For me personally it was a big match. The fans were really into it; they had a huge cheering section. When we won, it felt really good. The atmosphere was great.”
* What’s your prematch routine? “Normally at home games, I try to do my homework. On the road, I listen to music and mentally prepare myself. I focus on the game and not think about homework or anything else. It’s all volleyball.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “I don’t really know. Nothing’s really striking me. I guess I don’t know of anything yet.”
* Favorite food: Chicken Alfredo.
* Favorite movie: The Twilight series. “I’m really into vampire movies,” she said.
* Favorite TV show: Vampire Diaries. “I told you I’m really into vampire movies,” she said.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Facebook. She’s not a gamer, though she used to play a lot of old-school Nintendo 64.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “I haven’t decided. It would be cool to play volleyball and to get at least a partial scholarship to do so. I know I want to go to a four-year college and maybe major in physical therapy, but I’m not sure yet.”
* What’s next? After playing Buffalo on Monday, the Tigers face a very tough Fergus Falls team at 7 tonight at Tech. The Otters are 4-0 in the Central Lakes Conference and 7-3 overall.
“They are very tall,” Loesch said. “It’s going to be tough.
“Hopefully, we’ll be ready for them.”
At 7 p.m. Thursday, the Tigers are host to Brainerd (3-1-0, 8-7-2) for their sixth home match in their last seven matches.
Then, Tech plays Saturday at the Dassel-Cokato Invitational.
— Tom Elliott
To nominate someone, send e-mails to email@example.com.