Destiny Jones’ bank shot with one second to play gave host Greenup County a 76-74 victory over Moore in the first round of the Ohio River Cities Classic on Thursday.
The Lady Mustangs (5-6) had tied it on Ashley Adkins’ driving floater with 17 seconds to go.
Jones led the Lady Musketeers (8-6) with 22 points, and Sydney Webb added 19.
Atkins led Moore with 18 points and six assists, and Mikayla Malone had 14 points and eight rebounds. The Mustangs led by eight points early.
“Even though we lost, this was the best game we have played all season,” Moore coach Glen Zell said. “We were aggressive both offensively and defensively for the entire game.
“We could have capitilized in the first half and put some distance between us because Greenup County did not knock down some threes early.”
* Wayne County 66, Holy Cross 65: Bellarmine signee Jessica Haren’s three-point play with 1.8 seconds left in the second overtime lifted the Cardinals (11-3) in the Lady Wolverine Classic at Western Hills. She connected from the top of the key while being fouled.
Wayne County hit 9 of 16 threes.
Jill Apperson led Holy Cross with 20 points.
* Presentation 76, Monticello 71: The Toppers (6-4) used a late 12-2 run to overcome Monticello in the Herrington Lakes All “A” Classic at Burgin.
Meredith Degner and Aliyah Johnson each scored 19 points, Alex Hibbs had 13 and Tracey Lindsey scored 10 for Presentation.
Bethany Peyton scored 27 for the Lady Trojans (1-12).
* Assumption 58, Dutchtown (Ga.) 40: Brandy Hunter drilled 6 of 10 three-point shots and scored 22 points to lead the Rockets (7-4) past the Bulldogs (6-2) in the St. Pius Christmas Classic in Atlanta.
Katie Friedrich added 14 points and 11 rebounds for Assumption.
* Pleasure Ridge Park 66, Lewis 56: Rayven Shead and Paige Murphy each had 18 points and Kelsey Adwell added 17 to lead the Lady Panthers (10-2) past the Lady Lions (5-5) in the State Farm Holiday Tournament at Conner.
* Helias (Mo.) 49, Male 43: Eighth-grader Janna Jackson scored nine points, but the Lady Bulldogs (6-5) fell in the State Farm Holiday Hoops Invitational at Jefferson County, Mo.
* Whitefield 47, Rock Creek 21: The Lady Wildcats (5-4) took control with a 16-1 first quarter and rolled over the Lady Lions (0-10) in the Whitefield Academy Christmas Classic.
* Berea 83, North Oldham 50: Jordan Sandefur, an eighth-grade point guard, exploded for 31 points to carry the Lady Pirates (5-3) over the Lady Mustangs (4-7) in the Whitefield tourney. Maggie Mollak led North Oldham with 14 points.
* Piarist School 62, Beth Haven 53: Morgan Mason poured in 34 points, but the Lady Bearcats (3-6) came up short in the Beth Haven Holiday Classic.
* Bullitt East 62, Dixie Heights 45: Emily Fryman scored 14 points and Lindsey Duvall added 13 as the Lady Chargers (9-3) won in the Lady Colonel Holiday Classic at Bourbon County. They’ll play Shelby Valley next.
* Danville 66, Sacred Heart 54: The Lady Admirals (8-2) led 54-37 going into the fourth quarter and held off the Valkyries (11-1) in the Titans Christmas Clash semifinals at Mercer County. Daijia Ruffin scored 24 points and collected 15 rebounds for Danville. Cameron McPherson scored 24 points and Essence Grey added 14 for Sacred Heart.
* Whitley County 72, Seneca 49: The Lady Colonels (10-2) outscored the Lady Redhawks 22 points in the first half and rolled in the consolation round at Mercer County. Brandi Smith scored 22 points for Whitley County. Seneca (4-8) was paced by Jada Grady with 14 points and Keaira Pennie with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
* Mercy 60, Community School of Naples 46: Whitney Hartlage led the Jaguars (8-1) over the Seahawks with 22 points in the Queen of Palms Basketball Classic. Malerie Martin chipped in 14 points.
* Christian Academy 57, Red Boiling Springs 23: China Dow had 19 points, 14 rebounds and four assists in two quarters for the Centurions (9-3) for the Lady Centurions in the South Central Bank Halton Classic at Allen County-Scottsville. Christian Academy forced 24 turnovers, including 21 steals.
* Madison Central 58, Butler 41: Ashton Feldhaus and Larryn Brooks scored 20 points apiece to power the Indians (10-1) over the Bulldogs (7-4) in the Gateway Holiday Classic at Montgomery County for their eighth straight victory. Danielle Lawrence led Butler with 13 points.