A second-half goal from Taylor Hallowell propelled Essex past Mount Abraham, 2-1, in high school field hockey Friday.
The Eagles struck first, taking a 1-0 first-half lead when Sarah Heffernan scored off a penalty corner.
The Yellowjackets responded before the end of the frame, with Emily Dowman scoring with three minutes remaining in the half.
Hallowell then scored in the second half and Melissa Moldovan made four saves for Essex (6-2).
Lizzie Huizenga had eight saves in a losing effort for Mount Abraham (5-2-1).
* Champlain Valley 3, Colchester 0: Two goals 40 seconds apart led Champlain Valley over visiting Colchester.
Molly Dunphy scored on a penalty corner with 12 minutes remaining in the first half to give the Redhawks a 1-0 lead. Katie Arms then struck 40 seconds later, with Dunphy earning the assist, to double the Champlain Valley (4-3-1) lead.
MacKenzie Roberts scored for the Redhawks in the second half. CVU goalie Evangelie Dunphy earned the win, making four stops, including a penalty stroke save.
* South Burlington 3, Middlebury 1: Courtney Barrett had a hand in all three goals for the Rebels as they beat Middlebury at home.
Barrett contributed two goals and an assist while Leah Charash added the other goal. Julia Hudson had four stops for the hosts (6-1-1).
Emily Kiernan scored for the Tigers and Baily Ryan made 10 saves in the losing effort (1-7).
* Burlington 1, Mount Mansfield 1: The teams traded first-half goals as Burlington and Mount Mansfield ended in a tie at Buck Hard Field.
Jamie Horton scored for the Seahorses and Evelyn Schaedel stopped 10 shots (4-3-1).
Zoe Walsh tallied for the Cougars, and Kelsey Leo made four saves (3-3-2).
* Champlain Valley 1, South Burlington 0, OT: Audrey Allegretta’s goal six minutes into overtime broke the deadlock as Champlain Valley edged South Burlington at home.
Bronwen Hopwood sent a through ball to Haliana Burhans, who then crossed it to Allegretta for the game-winning score.
Taylor Gloyd turned away 14 shots for the Rebels (5-2-1).
* Burlington 4, Colchester 2: Four players scored as visiting Burlington beat Colchester.
Sabrina Farmer, Katlin Donahue, Katie Costello and Andrea Noonan had the goals and Olivia Maher made six saves for the Seahorses (6-1-1).
Haley Palchak and Meghan Critchlow had the goals and Haley Forkey turned away 14 shots for the Lakers (4-4).
* Rice 2, Middlebury 0: Kira Tanghe’s second-half goal was the difference as Rice defeated host Middlebury.
Hailee Barron added an insurance goal, and Macie Sicard earned the shutout for the Green Knights (3-3-2).
Courtney Backus turned away 10 shots for the Tigers (3-5).
* Milton 2, Missisquoi 1: Erin Turner tapped home a loose ball with 23 seconds remaining to give Milton the win over Missisquoi.
Turner’s game-winner completed a second-half comeback for the Yellowjackets. After Missisquoi held a 1-0 lead at halftime, Milton scored twice in the second half to earn the win.
Missisquoi’s Hannah Coburn gave the Thunderbirds the lead with a penalty kick goal in the 17th minute.
Dallas Brodhead tied the game for the Yellowjackets before Turner won it in the final minute of play.
Laura Flint had 14 saves for Missisquoi.
* Essex 5, Mount Mansfield 0: Charlotte Stuart and Angie Krywanczyk each tallied twice to help Essex get by Mount Mansfield on the road.
Alex Macfarlane also scored while Julie Quackenbush and Essie Fiore combined for eight saves for the Hornets (8-0).
Ali Chivers and Emma Parent stopped 14 shots for the Cougars (2-6).
* St. Johnsbury 2, Northfield 0: Two second-half goals was the difference as visiting St. Johnsbury defeated Northfield.
Nell McQueeney got the scoring started four mintues into the second half. Heather Hilton added some insurance with seven minutes remaing, and Victoria Hutchins made three saves for the Hilltoppers (3-5).
Rhiannon Page stopped six shots for the Marauders (2-6).
* Peoples 8, U-32 1: Two Wolves players recorded hat tricks as Peoples cruised past U-32 at home.
Marissa Benson and Katie Stames each tallied three times, with Stames adding two assists. Ana Swift made three saves for Peoples (7-0).
Carie Wan scored and Bailey Starr stopped 12 shots for the Raiders (4-2-1).
* Harwood 3, Lyndon 0: The Highlanders outshot Lyndon 25-3, but an outstanding effort from Lyndon keeper Emily Doty kept the game close.
Amy Graham scored twice, Betsy Dooley added another and Peyton Burr earned the shutout for Harwood (2-4-1).
Doty had 15 saves for the Vikings (1-5-1).
* Oxbow 5, Richford 2: Wren Smith notched two goals and Heather White added a goal and an assist to lead the Olympians past the Rockets.
Goalkeeper Holly Lund made three saves to earn the win for Oxbow, which improved to 5-3-1. Richford dropped to 4-4.
* BFA-Fairfax 4, Danville 1: With the game tied at 1 at halftime, BFA-Fairfax tallied three unanswered goals to pull away from Danville.
Selena Marrier, Anissa Hartman, Kayle Baczewski, and Alison Santaw scored while Ashley Williams and Emily Miner combined for the shutout for the Bullets (7-1).
Dani Cochran racked up 11 saves for the Indians (2-4-1).
* Milton 2, South Burlington 0: Jon Covey scored twice as Milton beat visiting South Burlington.
Covey scored eight minutes into the first half and 13 minutes into the second to lead the Yellowjackets. Jacob Stuart added an assist for Milton (4-4-1).
Nate Dooley had 10 saves to earn the win, while Phillip Lyon had five saves in the loss for the Rebels (3-3-1).
* Blue Mountain 2, Twinfield 1, OT: Damian Smith scored twice as Blue Mountain beat Twinfield in overtime.
Smith’s game-winning goal was assisted by Kyle Farquharson.
Blue Mountain keeper Mark Pusser had nine saves to earn the win.