RUTLAND – Brett Nelson had two goals as Colchester beat host Rutland in a high-scoring high school boys soccer game on Saturday afternoon.
Nelson and Caleb Mann then scored for the Lakers in the first half, with Mack Doudie, Nelson and Alec Brigand scoring in the second.
Richard Baccei scored twice for the Raiders, including the game’s first goal, with Sam Brochu adding the third Rutland tally.
Laker goalie Matt McBride had three saves to earn the win.
Ethan Snitker (three saves) and Alden Bishop (five saves) split the time for the Raiders.
* Champlain Valley 2, Essex 1: Jeremy Richard and Shane Haley each scored as Champlain Valley downed Essex in a double overtime win.
Joe Castano assisted on both Redhawks (8-1-1) goals and Brandon O’Connell made five saves to earn the win.
Rijad Mezotovic scored for the and Daniel Palker made 10 saves for the Hornets (3-5-2)
* BFA-St. Albans 3, South Burlington 2: Andre Jankowski had two goals as visiting BFA-St. Albans defeated South Burlington.
Spencer Beattie also scored for the Bobwhites and Jacob Zemianek made four saves to earn the win.
Ismail Temirov had two goals for South Burlington and Kyle Ehler-Vock had six saves.
* Stowe 2, U-32 1: Two first half goals led Stowe to a win over visiting U-32.
Robert Buonnano, with an assist from Cam Taylor, scored in the 13th minute and Max King added a goal in the 30th minute. Calvin Dixon earned an assist on the second goal.
U-32’s Wyatt Peterson scored for the Raiders with a minute remaining in the game. Derek Cote had seven saves in the loss.
James Brochhausen made seven stops to earn the win.
* Middlebury 1, Vergennes 0: Shaw McCabe scored five minutes into overtime to break a scoreless tie and grab a win for Middlebury.
McCabe’s goal was assisted by Nico Mackey. David Burt had eight saves for the Tigers.
Charlie Stapleford made nine stops for Vergennes.
* North Country 1, U-32 1: Devinnie Davis scored with just under seven minutes remaining to salvage a tie for North Country against U-32.
The Raiders scored 17 minutes into the game on a goal from Emily George. That lead held until Davis scored with 6:55 remaining in the game.
Bailey Star made 13 saves for U-32 and Jenna Moss made seven stops for the Falcons.
* Middlebury 3, Fair Haven 1: Lydia Allen had two goals as Middlebury beat visiting Fair Haven.
Marvie Avery and Allen scored in the first half, giving the Tigers a 2-0 halftime lead. Allen struck again in the second half to extend the Middlebury lead.
Kelsey Smith and Ali Sheldrick earned assists for the Tigers.
* Harwood 3, St. Johnsbury 1: Two second half goals led Harwood past host St. Johnsbury.
Taylor Yandow scored in the first half for Harwood and Nell McQueeney had the equalizer for the Hilltoppers.
Betsy Dooley and Jackie Moren scored in the second half to lead the Highlanders to the win.
Victoria Hutchinson had 14 saves for St. Johnsbury.
* Vergennes 3, Lamoille 2: Abby Baker had two goals and an assist in the first half as Vergennes beat Lamoille.
Both of Baker’s goals, which came in the seventh and 40th minute, were assisted by Ruby Dombeck. KC Ambrose also scored for the Commodores (4-5-1).
Olivia Brace scored on a penalty kick and Jammie Lafountain added a second half goal for Lamoille (3-8). Paxton Boyer had nine saves in the loss.
* Peoples 8, Northfield 0: Hannah Merriam had two goals as Peoples downed Northfield and continued their unbeaten streak. The win moves the Wolves to 10-0 this season.
Northfield goalie Rhiannon Page made 21 saves in a losing effort.
* Lake Region 4, Danville 0: Tyrah Urie had two goals and an assist as Lake Region beat Danville.
Megan Menard had a goal and an assist and Sarah Burnham also talled for the Rangers (9-2).
Jordan Cowles had seven saves for Danville.
* Stowe 5, Randolph 0: Five players scored for Stowe as they defeated Randolph.
Sandra Schoepke, Rory Hauser, Bailey Sherwin and Brooke Wells all scored in the first half and Kelsey Chenoweth scored in the second.
Caroline Armbruster made two saves to earn the shutout.
* South Burlington 2, Champlain Valley 0: Anne-Marie Farmer had a goal and an assist as South Burlington defeated visiting Champlain Valley.
Leah Charash struck first for the Rebels, with Farmer earning the assist. Farmer then scored the second goal for South Burlington (8-1-1), with Linley Shaw getting the assist.
Evangeline Dunphy made 10 saves for CVU (4-4-1).
* Mount Abraham 2, Middlebury 0: Mount Abraham scored two goals a little over two minutes apart in a win over Middlebury.
Hailey Sayles struck first and a little over two minutes later Gabrielle Schlein added the Eagles second goal of the game. Madi Wood had an assist on the first Mount Abraham goal.
Bailey Ryan had seven saves for Middlebury.