ESSEX – Brett Nelson blasted in a direct kick in overtime to provide Colchester a 1-0 high school boys soccer win over Essex on Friday.
The goal came with 1:53 remaining in the first overtime period and boosted Colchester’s record to 6-0. Matt McBride worked a four-save shutout.
Dan Palker blocked five shots for Essex (3-2-1).
* Champlain Valley 1, Mount Mansfield 0: Tucker Shelley knocked in a rebound midway through the second half and visiting Champlain Valley slipped past Mount Mansfield.
The goal stemmed from a direct kick that went off the post. Brandon O’Connell made eight saves for CVU (4-0-1).
Ian Besse stopped six shots for Mount Mansfield (5-1).
* Burlington 2, South Burlington 0: Salamu Felekeni set up a goal in the first half and scored in the second half to power Burlington to a win at South Burlington.
Hoden Blanco tallied the first goal in the fourth minute before Felekeni’s strike midway through the second half. Will Rider and Sandro Pobric combined for three saves for the Seahorses (4-1-1).
Philip Lyon posted three saves for South Burlington (3-3).
* Randolph 1, St. Johnsbury 0: Mead Binhammer broke the scoreless action with a litte more than two minutes remaining in regulation to lift Randolph over St. Johnsbury.
Joe Salls made five saves for the Galloping Ghosts (2-3).
Hilltopper Linus Nygard was injured in the game, prompting Soloman Zaga to finish goalkeeping duties for St. Johnsbury (2-4).
* Middlebury 1, Milton 0: Nico Mackey scored 15 minutes into the second half as Middlebury held off Milton.
Morgan Ingenthrom got the assist for the Tigers (5-0) and David Burt’s shutout consisted of two saves.
Nate Dooley racked up 11 saves for Milton (2-4-1).
* Mount Abraham 2, Vergennes 0: Two first-half goals were all the Eagles needed to dispatch Vergennes on the road.
Calvin Joos and Alex McCormick scored while Sawyer Kamman and Ira Fisher combined for six saves for Mount Abraham (2-2).
Steven Paquette stopped eight shots for Vergennes (1-4).
* Northfield 1, Spaulding 1: Seth Wilmott’s goal midway through the second half salvaged a tie for Spaulding at Northfield.
Jackson Tucker scored and Brandon Pedley racked up 15 saves for the Marauders (3-1-1).
Kevin Fritz posted five saves for Spaulding (3-2-2).
* BFA Fairfax 8, Winooski 0: Seven different players found the back of the net for BFA-Fairfax as they beat Winooski at home.
Tyler Bolam led the way with two goals and an assist, and Ray Bosley added a goal and two assists for the Bullets (2-2-1). Brandon Cardinal earned the shutout.
Connor White made 11 saves for Winooski (1-4).
* Montpelier 1, North Country 0: Rachel Carnahan netted Hartley Bingham’s setup in the 53rd minute to give Montpelier a win over visiting North Country in a Capital Division clash.
Tess Adams earned the shutout, making two saves for the Solons (4-2).
Whitney Bernie turned away 10 shots for NCU (4-2).
* Rice 1, Stowe 0: Kayla St. Marie’s goal off of a penalty corner gave unbeaten Rice the win over Stowe.
Erica Gonyaw had the assist and Maura Sheridan made two saves for the Green Knights (4-0-1). Maddie Schaal stopped six shots for Stowe (2-3).
* Missisquoi 4, St. Johnsbury 0: Camille Rainville knocked in two goals and assisted on the other two in Missisquoi’s home win against St. Johnsbury.
Erika Patterson and Nakia Wighton also scored and Mikaela Flanagan stopped six shots for the Thunderbirds (3-1-1), who led 3-0 at halftime. Bea Brody made six saves for SJA.
* North Country 2, Spaulding 0: Two goals late in the first half sparked North Country’s victory over Spaulding.
Mara Spates put the Falcons ahead on an unassited goal in the first frame. Mariah Roberts added insurance on Britany Verge’s assist. Danielle Gabucci stopped four shots for North Country (2-3-1). Brittnee Bell turned back four shots for Spaulding (0-4-1).