Anne-Marie Farmer caged three goals to lead South Burlington to a high school field hockey win over Middlebury on Wednesday in a rematch of last year’s Division I final.
Farmer’s first goal came just two minutes into the game and was quickly followed by her second. Farmer completed her hat trick in the second half. Casey Johnson scored the other Rebels’ goal and Courtney Barrett added an assist.
Leila Kiernan scored for defending-champion Middlebury with just 16 seconds remaining to break up the shutout. Mikayla Humiston added the assist.
Julia Hudson had nine saves for South Burlington. Baily Ryan made eight saves in a losing effort.
* Burlington 1, Mount Mansfield 0, OT: Erica Lyon scored six minutes into overtime to give Burlington a win over host Mount Mansfield. Jamie Horton assisted the game-winning goal.
Evelyn Schaedel made four saves for BHS while Kelsey Leo (three saves) and Jordynn Chandler (five saves) were in net for MMU.
* Champlain Valley 2, Colchester 0: Katie Arms had two goals to lead Champlain Valley over host Colchester.
Arms scored her first goal nine minutes into the first half and added her second with five minutes remaining in the second half. Amanda Whitbeck and Molly Dunphy each had assists for the Redhawks.
Colchester’s Eva Duvic made 15 saves.
* Essex 3, Mount Abraham 1: Hillary Danis and Siena Teare scored 15 seconds apart to help Essex defeat visiting Mount Abraham.
Danis and Teare’s goals came with a little over five minutes remaining in a deadocked game.
The Eagles struck first on Sarah Heffernan’s goal. The Hornets responded at the end of the first half with Briege Mahoney’s tally.
Lizzie Huizenga racked up 21 saves for Mount Abraham. Melissa Moldovan was Essex’s goalie.
* Mount Mansfield 1, Missisquoi 0, 2OT: Caroline Quintal scored in double overtime to give host Mount Manfield the victory over Missisquoi.
Alanna Scott earned the assist on the game-winning goal. Ali Chivers had four saves for the Cougars. Laura Flint had nine saves in a losing effort.
* Colchester 2, Vergennes 0: Brittany Isabelle fired in goals in each half as host Colchester blanked Vergennes to improve to 2-0.
Kristi Champman and Kristy Benoit picked up the assists while Haley Forkey made four saves for the Lakers.
* Essex 6, BFA-St. Albans 0: Charlotte Stuart recorded a hat trick and host Essex rolled past BFA-St. Albans.
Alexa Pius, Meg MacFarlane and Stuart had first-half tallies to give Essex a 4-0 halftime lead. Stuart tallied her third goal early in the second half while Angie Krywanczyk, who also had two assists, closed out Essex’s scoring.
Essie Fiore worked the four-save shutout in the Hornets’ opener. Aly Hardy turned away 14 shots for BFA.
* Champlain Valley 3, Rice 1: Haliana Burhans and Sidnee Lyman deposited first-half goals as Champlain Valley opened defense of its Division I title with a victory at Rice.
Taylor Goldsborough rounded out CVU’s scoring, with McKenzie Buckman, Audrey Morehouse and Emily Kinneston earning assists for the Redhawks. Lilly Harris made three saves.
Margot Rathke scored for Rice with a direct kick with 15 minutes left in regulation and Marcie Sicard stopped a dozen shots.
* Burlington 3, Rutland 0: A dominant first half led to two goals and a win for Burlington over host Rutland.
Emma Feeney and Maddy Feeney each scored in the first half and Maddy Clark added a goal in the second.
Jenna Olsen had 12 saves for Rutland, while Olivia Mather had seven saves to earn the win for the Seahorses.
* Milton 4, Enosburg 0: Erin Turner and Dallas Brodhead netted two goals apiece as Milton opened up defense of its Division II championship with a win at Enosburg.
Turner’s first goal came 28 seconds into the game. Brodhead and Turner traded goals, with Brodhead wrapping up the scoring in the second half.
Maddy Loucy, Micole Menard and Adison Wennar each notched assists for the Yellowjackets while Kayleigh Reid and Logan Sweeney combined for the shutout. Megan Bosley made 18 saves for Enosburg.
* Montpelier 2, South Burlington 1: Andie Parento scored with 90 seconds remaining to lift Montpelier past visiting South Burlington.
Annie Jones had the assist on the game-winning goal.
Montpelier struck first on a goal from Ellen Eurich before South Burlington tied it up early in the second half when Sarah Shiman knocked in a loose ball.
Tess Adams had five saves for Montpelier while Taylor Gloyd (four saves) took the loss.
* Middlebury 2, Lamoille 1: Lydia Allen and Faith Isham each scored to help Middlebury to defeat visiting Lamoille.
Isham’s goal six minutes into the second half was the game-winner, as the two teams traded goals in the first half.
Sydney Reigle had seven saves for the Tigers.
* BFA-Fairfax 8, Hazen 0: Five different players scored for visiting BFA-Fairfax as they defeated host Hazen.
Morgan Young, Selena Marrier and Anissa Hartman each scored two goals for the Bullets. Mikayla Sullivan and Kaitlyn Barnack chipped in with a goal a piece. Francesca Harvey had two assists, with Sandra Groening adding an assist.
Renae Hall made 12 saves for Hazen in the loss.
* Stowe 2, U-32 1: Kalli Glanz scored in the first half and Ali Leach drilled a penalty kick with 10 minutes left in regulation to seal Stowe’s win over visiting U-32.
Caroline Armbruster made 10 saves for Stowe (1-0-1).
Maya Mashkuri scored for U-32 (0-1) with 20 seconds left in regulation. Bailey Starr’s 10 saves included stuffing a penalty kick.
* Oxbow 3, Randolph 2, OT: Leah Hanzar scored with 45 seconds remaining in overtime to lift Oxbow to a win at Randolph.
Wren Smith assisted on the game-winner. Morgan Crill and Amanda Wheeler each scored for Oxbow, with Smith notching two assists. Brittany Malik had two goals for the Galloping Ghosts. Kallie Warner had 24 saves for Randolph.
* Harwood 2, Green Mountain Valley School 2: Storey Dyer-Kloman’s second goal helped host Green Mountain Valley to a tie against Harwood.
Dyer-Kloman’s tally came on a direct kick with five minutes left for GMVS (0-0-2).
Lauren Alexander and Taylor Yandow had Harwood’s goals.
* North Country 3, Northfield 0: Crystal Moss and Chelsea Bianchi scored first-half goals to spark North Country’s win over host Northfield.
Brooke Berault added a goal in the second half.
Rhiannon Page had six saves for Northfield while Jenna Moss and Whitney Bernier split time in net for the Falcons, combining for four saves.
* Twinfield 1, Williamstown 0: Meg John tallied an unassisted goal 28 minutes into the first half and Rose Wilson’s 16-save shutout included stuffing a second-half penalty kick to send visiting Twinfield to a win over Williamston.
Heather Bailey stopped five shots for Williamstown.
* Sharon 3, Blue Mountain 1: Gretta Stack and Ivy Arnold fired in goals to lead host Sharon past Blue Mountain.
Sharon’s other tally came on a Blue Mountain own goal while winning goalkeeper Lucyanna Labadie made four saves.
Adrian Bedard scored in the second half for BMU and Kelsey Parker blocked 13 shots.
* Williamstown 3, Twinfield 1: Kyle Day, Mason Bernardini and Curtis Gauthier knocked in second-half goals as host Williamstown overcame a deficit and pulled away from Twinfield.
Dylan Patterson dished out two assists and Kyle Laughlin made seven saves for the Blue Devils.
Henry John scored for Twinfield in the third minute.
* Sharon 5, Blue Mountain 2: Galen Higgins had three goals — two in the second half — to lead host Sharon to a win over Blue Mountain.
With the score tied 1-1 after the first half, Higgins struck in the 42nd and 45th minute to put his team ahead. Asa Rubin-Crump added two goals for Sharon in the second half.
Tyler Davis and Kyle Farquharson scored for Blue Mountain and Mark Puffer made 14 saves.