Kaelon Fox, who helped the St. Xavier High School soccer team win a state championship last week, was one of five players from the Louisville area to receive first-team All-State West honors from the Kentucky High School Soccer Coaches Association.
Fox, a defender who has committed to the University of Kentucky, had 12 goals and six assists for the Tigers this season.
Also receiving first-team All-State West honors (representing regions 1-8) were Collins’ Walker Androit, Collegiate’s Kennedy Kommor, South Oldham’s Davis Ferriell and Male’s Amar Sedjic.
Six girls from the Louisville area received first-team All-State West honors — Assumption’s Morgan Riggs and Christen McAllister, Oldham County’s Haley Kemper and Shelby Cohen, Male’s Katie Barker and Mercy’s Kayla Richardson.
Kentucky’s Mr. and Miss Soccer winners are scheduled to be announced this weekend.
Here are the All-State teams (Louisville-area players only listed for honorable mention):
BOYS’ WEST (REGIONS 1-8)
* First team: Kaelon Fox (St. Xavier); Nedin Zukanovic (Greenwood); Riley Phelps, David Walker (Bowling Green); Walker Androit (Collins); Kennedy Kommor (Collegiate); Kenny Wilson (South Warren); Davis Ferriell (South Oldham); Amar Sedjic (Male); Nick Gregory (Henderson County); Elijah Linscott (North Hardin).
* Second team: Tyler Malcolm (North Hardin); David Means (St. Xavier); Matt Dombrosky (North Oldham); Connor White (Collegiate); Trent Howard (South Oldham); James Bickers (Henderson County); Alex Higdon (John Hardin); Travis Richardson (Elizabethtown); Kaleb Bayse (Male); Armin Hasanovic (South Warren); Kevin May (Bowling Green).
* Honorable mention: Brandon Hughes, Chris Shuck (Collins); Isaac Meisner, Hunter Lewis (South Oldham); Campbell Morris, Stephen Merrick (Male); Brock Herndon, Greg Healey (Manual); Jared Kemper (Oldham County); David Holtgrave (Kentucky Country Day); Dustin Weber (Collegiate); Campbell Weyland, Ryan Sullivan (St. Xavier).
BOYS’ EAST REGIONS (9-16)
* First team: Adam Goss (Western Hills); Aven Harper (Pendleton County); Cameron Cool (Scott County); Garrett Mead (Ryle); Guillermo Clemente, Nathan Jones (Paul Dunbar); Jordan Frommeyer (Bishop Brossart); Landon Souder (Mercer County); Logan Doris (Franklin County); Raul Sanchez (Woodford County); Curtis Daniel (Lafayette).
* Second team: Addison Manley (Henry Clay); Ben Hils (St. Henry); Christian Gateskill-Fuqua, Matt Oster (Danville); Davoud Saghian, Riley Calhoon (Paul Dunbar); Evan O’Hara (Boone County); Jake Phillips (Woodford County); Tanner Dice (Montgomery County); Tyrus Sciarra (Ryle); Wayne Logan (Corbin).
GIRLS’ WEST (REGIONS 1-8)
* First team: Morgan Riggs, Christen McAllister (Assumption); Haley Kemper, Shelby Cohen (Oldham County); Lexy Hazle, Emily Richardson (Elizabethtown); Tori Dillard (Bowling Green); Lyssie Wright, Taylor Richerson (Murray); Katie Barker (Male); Kayla Richardson (Mercy); Savannah Haberman (Central Hardin).
* Second team: Lexie Bozell (Hopkinsville); Penni Pluimer, Alex Whittington (Madisonville-North Hopkins); Stephanie Rowland (South Oldham); Sloane Costelle (North Oldham); Kaitlyn Golab (Mercy); Madison Haycraft (Daviess County); Ellie Young (Greenwood); Caroline Wistrom (Sacred Heart); Kirby Gooding (Bowling Green); Kate Joss (Christian Academy); Brittany Moshos (Oldham County).
* Honorable mention: Lauren Lee (Mercy); Elizabeth Seewer (Male); Lexi Higginbotham, Meghan Roby (Bullitt East); Sam Tilton (Manual); Heather Schmitt (Assumption); Annie Beanblossom (Christian Academy); Madison Ratchford (Spencer County); Megan Sherwood (South Oldham).
GIRLS’ EAST (REGIONS 9-16)
* First team: Taylor Borman, Brittany Cline (Scott County); Ellie Eckerle, Maddie Tierney (Notre Dame); Laura Felix, Libby Leedom (St. Henry); Mary Beth Gorham, Sarah Gorham (Lexington Catholic); Destinie Graves, Katie Workman (Tates Creek); Ashley Huffine (Russell).
* Second team: Sam Buznel (Newport Central Catholic); Sam Cetrulo (Bishop Brossart); Charity Collins (Ashland Blazer); Lauren Duffy (Henry Clay); Maddy Hahn (West Jessamine); Shelby Hay (Lawrence County); Alex Lonnemann, Olivia Voskuhl (Notre Dame); Josie Metzger (Lexington Catholic); Lauren Nemeroff (Dixie Heights); Karli Parker (South Laurel); Abby Van Bussum (Tates Creek); Taylor Robinson (Campbell County).
* Holy Cross’ Jacob Thomson (cross country/track and field) and Collins’ Lauren Shepherd (softball) were among the 20 finalists named for Kentucky’s Wendy’s High School Heisman Award.
Thomson and Shepherd were among 1,170 athletes from the state who applied for the award, which recognizes achievement in athletics, academics and community/school leadership.
* Several swimmers from Louisville have announced their commitments to colleges — St. Xavier’s Robert Leasure (Virginia); Manual’s Brian Habacivich (Boston) and Ellie Grimes (Penn); and Ballard’s Teel Hartman (Marshall) and Aaron Sexton (Denver).