Tre Harrison scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns and Shane Fields had a game-clinching interception as Eastern (1-0) came from behind to beat host Jeffersonville (Ind.) 29-25 in an interstate high school football matchup Friday night.
Jeff led 25-14 late in the third quarter.
Fields’ interception of Tyler Fridley didn’t eclipse his great performance — three TD passes and an 82-yard scoring run that had put Jeff (0-1) on top.
* Male 48, Floyd Central 7: Tyler Erny was 6 of 6 in extra points and orchestrated a 668-yard offensive performance in his first start as quarterback as the Bulldogs (1-0) throttled the Highlanders (0-1).
Male was also bolstered by junior running back Marque Northington, who rushed for 133 yards and three touchdowns.
* South Oldham 41, Bullitt Central 35: Chase Lightfoot tossed a 22-yard touchdown pass to Nick Reid as time expired to lift the Dragons (1-0) over the Cougars (0-1).
* Ballard 20, Western 6: Cam Lewis racked up 96 yards on seven receptions, and the Bruins posted all their points in the third quarter on TDs from Lynton Rowe, Bennie Berry and Joseph Hurrigan.
* Collins 21, Meade County 14: Lawson Page connected with Nathan Sames for TD strikes of 5 and 47 yards, and the visiting Titans (1-0) held off the Green Wave (0-1).
* Bullitt East 49, Doss 21: Quarterback Anthony Doran ran for two TDs and threw for two more as the host Chargers thumped the Dragons. Bullitt East’s Jesse Porter ran for a TD and finished with a team-best 103 yards on 16 carries.
* St. Xavier 52, Fern Creek 7: St. X (1-0) used a balanced mixture of running and passing to build up a 45-0 third-quarter lead and coast past Fern Creek (0-1) to open coach Mike Glaser’s last season.
* Oldham County 55, Atherton 0: Jacob Taylor ran for 150 yards and two touchdowns for Colonels (1-0).
* KCD 35, Shawnee 9: Jordan Duff had 212 yards of total offense and three touchdowns (two rushing, one receiving) to lead the host Bearcats past the Golden Eagles. KCD senior quarterback Robert Scholtz was 13 of 18 for 218 yards and three TDs.
* Southern 39, Moore 20: Desmond Hill carried the visiting Trojans (1-0) past the Mustangs (0-1) with a dominating performance on the ground, racking up two touchdowns and 147 yards on 26 rushes. Teammate Deon Yelder added three total touchdowns of his own, two through the air and one on a fumble return. Moore’s Izajah Armstrong threw for one touchdown and three interceptions, going 12 of 26 for 124 yards passing.
* Valley 42, Holy Cross 39: The host Vikings (1-0) built a 42-24 fourth-quarter lead and held off a late charge of 15 fourth-quarter points to hold off the Cougars (0-1).
Holy Cross drove a Valley fumble for a touchdown with 1:30 left in the game to cut the deficit to three points but never got the ball back. The Cougars allowed time to expire with a timeout left in their pocket.
Valley’s DaVonte Mitchell ran for 126 yards and one score, while Robert Jones rushed for 10 yards a carry on nine attempts with one touchdown and passed for two more.
* Scott County 46, Seneca 14: Kevo Edwards had 16 carries for 148 yards and three touchdowns to lead the host Cardinals past Seneca. Kevin Clausen added 16 carries for 110 yards. Scott County (1-0) led 32-0 at halftime
Seneca’s Will Maddox went 16 of 31 for 173 yards and a TD.