The Manual boys’ basketball team rallied in the second half to force overtime and beat Eastern 61-57 Wednesday in the first round of the Best in Hoops Tournament at Oldham County.
Andy Tillman made a layup with six seconds to go in regulation to force a 51-51 tie and cap a comeback that saw Manual trail 25-16 at the half. Tillman, a senior guard, led the Crimsons (4-3) with 21 points, three of which came in overtime. Jordan Brangers had 16 points for the Eagles (4-3).
Other Best in Hoops games:
* Moore 65, North Hardin 62: Izajah Armstrong had 18 points and Jaelin Sanford to lead the Mustangs (7-2) past the Trojans (6-2).
* Central 70, Southern 60: The Yellowjackets (6-0) rallied in the fourth quarter to beat the Trojans (5-5) in the first round. Dominique Chandler had 21 points and Stuart Jackson 20 for Central. Southern’s Deon Yelder had 20.
* Oldham County 78, Bracken County 40: Garrett Masters had 17 points and Austin Wills had 12 to lead the Colonels (5-2) past the Polar Bears (2-5).
Bullitt Central Christmas Tournament
* Bullitt Central 52, Fairdale 42: Belle Leonard had 16 points and Kristen Collins 13 as the Lady Cougars (5-5) beat the Lady Bulldogs (1-7) in a first round contest.
Queen of the Bluegrass
* Paducah Tilghman 62, Pleasure Ridge Park 58: The Blue Tornados (8-0) got 36 points from Chelsey Shumpert to edge the Panthers (7-2). PRP was led by Kelsey Adwell’s 20 points.
* Ballard 72, Seneca 26: The Bruins (8-1) held the Redhawks (4-4) to single digits in each of the last quarters to win in a rout in the first round of the Sam Swope Auto Group Queen of the Bluegrass tournament at Manual.
Ballard’s Javonna Layfield led the game with 21 points and 15 rebounds.
* Manual 84, Frankfort 55: Destony Curry amassed a game-high 26 points as the host Crimsons (5-1) decked the Panthers (4-2).
Lady Dragon Hoop Fest
* South Oldham 54, North Oldham 51: Abbey Van Zant had 16 points and Emma Sedoris had 15 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Lady Dragons (1-6) past the Lady Eagles (4-4) in the first round of the Lady Dragon Hoop Fest at South Oldham.
* Butler 52, Ryle 44: The Bears (4-3) used a big first quarter to get past the Raiders (4-3). Danielle Lawerence lead Butler with 20 points. Ryle was lead by Dawn Johnson’s 13 points.
* Boone County 50, Jeffersontown 24: The Lady Rebels (4-3) had three players score in double figures as they routed the Lady Chargers (3-6) in the first round of the Lady Dragon Hoop Fest at South Oldham.
Alexis Switzer had 13 points, Macey Ford had 11 and Dallis Knotts had 10 points for Boone County.