Matt St. Amour racked up 32 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, eight steals and three blocks in Missisquoi’s 79-48 high school boys basketball win over Champlain Valley on Tuesday night.
Nate Lumsden added 14 points for the Thunderbirds (2-0) while Tyler Cooper chipped in 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Lucas Aube tallied 16 points for CVU (0-2) and Scott Bissonette scored 11.
* Rice 51, Mount Mansfield 48: Marcus Willingham fired in 19 points and Rice edged host Mount Mansfield in a rematch of last season’s Division I final.
Casey Tipson and Arnold Vainqueur added seven points for the Green Knights (2-0), who fell to MMU in the final at Patrick Gym.
Nick Bergeron topped MMU with 13 points.
* Essex 60, Spaulding 32: Tommy Carton dropped 23 points and host Essex raced out to a big halftime lead in its win over Spaulding.
Luke Salerno added 11 points for Essex (1-0), who forged a 34-17 advantage at the break.
Marcus Thorton (10 points) and Evan Grubb (nine) paced Spaulding.
* Lamoille 70 Milton 55: Derek Vanat tallied 24 points as Lamoille shook off early turnover problems to topple Milton.
John Sciortino contributed 13 points for 1-0 Lamoille, which committed just four turnovers in the second half, compared to 11 in the first 16 minutes.
Derryk O’Grady poured in 30 points for Milton.
* Vergennes 56, South Burlington 42: Stanley Salley finished with 13 points and jumped out to a 30-16 halftime lead in a win at South Burlington.
Shep Carter and Zach Ouellette added 11 points apiece for Vergennes (2-0).
Zach Piper and freshman Jeremy Clements paced South Burlington (0-1) with 10 points apiece.
* Rutland 96, Colchester 63: The Raiders’ Rocco Stoutes and the Lakers’ Ricky Giroux locked up in a scoring duel that saw them rack up 20 points apiece, but Rutland ultimately had more firepower in defeating host Colchester.
Tre Hysell (17 points) and Jake Alsup (13) provided scoring support for Rutland (1-1). DJ Tuttle contributed 12 points for Colchester, which fell to 0-2.
* St. Johnsbury 76, BFA-St. Albans 51: Four players reached double figures and visiting St. Johnsbury pulled away from BFA-St. Albans.
Vlad Cobzaru tallied 19 points, Jake Grinsberg had 15 while Brendan O’Shea (13) and Tristen Ross (10) also provided production for 2-0 SJA, which also sank eight 3-pointers.
Darren Callan led BFA with 22 points.
* Middlebury 68, Montpelier 38: Connor Collins tossed in 16 points, Perry Delorenzo had 12 points and David Burt scored 11 as Middlebury cruised past Montpelier.
Jack Smith and Rory King each contributed eight points for Montpelier.
* Lyndon 78, North Country 68: Mason Lantz tossed in 22 points to guide Lyndon past visiting North Country.
Josiah Kimball (17 points), Kyle Cipollone (16), Axerre Ntabana (14) and Jay Cobb (10) also reached double figures for the Vikings (1-1).
Tyler Paxman piled up 23 points for NCU, which also received 16 points from Mathew Duncan.
* U-32 62, Hartford 45: Ryan Booth’s 27 points included five 3-pointers and powered U-32 past Hartford.
Chris Collins supplied 12 points for U-32 while Josh Claflin scored 17 points for Hartford.
* Mill River 60, Mount Abraham 43: Jay Carleton scored 20 points, one of three players in double figures as Mill River dropped Mount Abraham.
Jacob Pitts contributed 12 points and Josh Stevens chipped in 10 to aid Mill River.
Sawyer Kamman had 15 points and Ryan Barnes tallied a dozen for Mount Abraham.
* Trinity Baptist 67, Websterville Baptist 63, OT: Jonathan Genova netted five of his 18 points in overtime to lift Trinity Baptist over Websterville Baptist in Barre.
Creighton North added 12 points for Trinity while Brady Orr dialed up 26 points for Websterville.
* Rice 60, Spaulding 43: Using a 17-4 first-quarter advantage, Rice opened its Division I title defense with a win over Spaulding.
Cassidy Derda (19 points, 11 rebounds), Carolyn Snell (11) and Lexy Avonda (10) each reached double figures whiel Hailee Barron handed eight assists and blocked three shots for the Green Knights.
Connor LaFrance led Spaulding with 11 points.
* Enosburg 52, Milton 48: McKenzie Gleason struck for 23 points as host Enosburg outlasted Milton.
Nicole Menard led Milton with nine points.
* Harwood 42, Northfield 37: Sabrina Burbank recorded 16 points and Michaela O’Brien added 10 as Harwood held off Northfield.
Mehgan McMullen pumped in 21 points and Ashley White tallied seven points and 10 rebounds for Northfield (0-2).
* Lake Region 45, Oxbow 38: Drew Neal tallied 18 points, Tyrah Urie put in 15 and Lake Region defeated host Oxbow.
Mikayla Hodge dropped in 14 points, Cassie Hutchison added nien and Milaina Wright hauled in 10 rebounds for Oxbow.
* North Country 56, Lyndon 29: Anna Bingham dropped in 14 points and Desiree Coffin scored nine points in North Country’s win over visiting Lyndon.