Ellington Hopkins scored a game-high 20 points as Lansing opened the Interscholastic Athletic Conference boys basketball season in winning style, cruising past visiting Marathon, 70-40.
The Bobcats scored more than 20 points in each of the first two quarters, leading 25-13 after the first quarter and 48-19 at halftime.
Hopkins hit two of the Bobcats’ five 3-pointers in the game, while Ben Rourke scored 11 of his 13 points in the first quarter.
Thomas Towner chipped in 17 points for Lansing, while Nate McIntosh added six points.
Kody Barry led the Olympians with 10 points.
* Dryden 71, Groton 68: Bryan Norman finished with 25 points, five assists and three rebounds, and teammate Gage Ellis added 20 and five rebounds to lead the visiting Lions to a hard-fought victory.
The Indians got 21 points from Taj McKnight and 16 from Zeke Wright.
* Candor 48, Thomas A. Edison 40: Wyatt Whitmore scored six of his team-high 12 points in the fourth quarter to give Candor the come-from-behind win. The Indians trailed 31-27 at the end of the third.
* Odessa-Montour 55, Spencer-Van Etten 42: Morgan Shutter scored 10 of his game high 21 points in the fourth quarter to lead O-M, which trailed by nine at the half.
* In other IAC action, Trumansburg won its opener over visiting Union Springs, 43-41.
IAC girls Basketball
* Groton 48, Dryden 19: Kylene Hall scored a game-high 14 points to lead Groton past Dryden on opening night in IAC girls basketball Tuesday.
The Indians held the Lions to a one-point fourth quarter. Kate Holland scored a team-high six points for Groton.
Steffanie Preston added nine points to pace the Indians.
* Lansing 53, Marathon 22: Sophomore Shea McCartney scored 21 points to pace the visiting Bobcats, who led 22-10 at halftime .
* Candor 65, Edison 64: Sierra Szwec scored the winning layup with eight seconds left in overtime to lead the visiting Indians. Tompkins finished with 25 points to lead the Spartans. Candor was led by Szwec with 33 points .
* Union Springs 42, Trumansburg 32: Jamison Valentino scored a game-high 12 points to lead the Wolves. Anna Shelley had an 11-point, 19-rebound double-double in a losing effort for the Blue Devils.
* Newfield 49, Tioga 45: The Trojans outlasted Tioga for a double-overtime victory. Cally Patsellis finished with 12 points for the Tigers.
* Spencer-Van Etten 29, Odessa-Montour 15: Kiersten Sanford was the lone player in double figures with 10 points to lead the Panthers.
IAC boys swimming
* Dryden 89, Odessa-Montour 51: Griffin Wood won the 200- (2:17.63) and 500-yard (6:44.9) freestyle events and swam on the winning 400 freestyle relay (4:33.92) to lead the host Lions.
Marcus Converse won the 200 individual medley (2:42.39) and 100 breaststroke (1:20.89) and was member of the winning 200 medley relay (2:05.66).
* Watkins Glen 101.5, Southern Springs 57.5: Mike Olmstead led the host Senecas by winning the 50 and 100 freestyle events in 25.03 and 59.23 seconds, respectively. He also swam on the winning 200 and 400 freestyle relays.