Two of the top boys high school soccer teams in the state proved equals Saturday, as Burlington and Champlain Valley played to a 1-1 tie through two overtimes.
BHS (2-1-1) struck first, with Ryan Boera scoring on a pass from Ajing Daw with 10 minutes remaining in the game.
A little over a minute later the Redhawks responded, with Noah Lieberman scoring to tie the game with an assist from Joe Castano.
Will Rider had 10 saves for Burlington while Brandon O’Connell had seven saves for Champlain Valley (2-0-1).
* Colchester 7, Mount Mansfield 1: Seven different players netted goals for Colchester as they handed visiting Mount Mansfield their first loss of the season.
Garrett Swan, Caleb Mann, Brett Nelson, Alec Brigante, Matt Goudie, Ben Seaman and Tucker Jean all scored for the Lakers (4-0).
Jeremy Carter scored for the Cougars (4-1) and Ian Besse had 11 saves in a losing effort.
* Essex 1, North Country 1: Essex got a goal from Branden Dennis to earn a 1-1 tie against visiting North Country.
Drew Stone scored for the Falcons early in the first half. Dennis tied the game for the Hornets, with the assist going to Eric Lamphere.
Logan Fortier had 13 saves for North Country.
* Milton 1, BFA-St. Albans 1, 2OT: Milton and BFA-St. Albans traded goals but neither team could find the winner as they battled to a tie.
The Yellowjackets scored first when Josh Muir knocked home a rebound late in the first half.
BFA-St. Albans tied it up at 1-1 when Dylan Pipe scored with 13 minutes remaining in the game.
Nate Dooley had four saves for Milton and Jacob Zemianek had five stops for the Bobwhites.
* Williamstown 6, Winooski 0: Seth Atherton and Kyle Day had two goals apiece as Williamstown beat visiting Winooski.
The Blue Devils had a 1-0 lead at halftime and then exploded for five goals in the second to earn the win.
Goalkeeper Kyle Laughlin made 12 saves to earn the shutout victory for the Blue Devils (3-1). Connor White (seven saves) and Hem Bista (four saves) took the loss for Winooski.
* Missisquoi 5, Mount Abraham 1: Matt St. Amour had a hat trick to help lead Missisquoi (3-1) over host Mount Abraham.
St. Amour scored twice in the first half and then scored on a penalty kick in the second half to complete the hat trick. Eric Moser and Kendall Corbiere also scored for the Thunderbirds.
Theo Weaver scored in the first half for Mount Abraham (1-2).
* Hartford 3, Spaulding 2: Three goals in 11 minutes helped Hartford down host Spaulding.
Tanner Wilson, Josh Flory and Seth Wilmott scored for the Crimson Tide.
* Lamoille 4, Rice 1: John Sciorintino scored two first galf goals to help lead Lamoille (1-2) over host Rice.
Cooper Warden scored on an assist from Derek Vanet and the Sciorintino added his two strikes as the Lancers built a 3-0 halftime lead. Marcus Wadlington scored the fourth Lamoille goal.
Brendan McGovern scored for the Green Knights.
* Lake Region 2, Enosburg 0: Goalkeeper Dennis Newland of the host Rangers stopped a penalty kick with three minutes remaining, then earned a rare assist when his clearing kick set up teammate Alex Beauregard for an insurance goal.
Anthony Wright scored a first-half goal with an assist from Shaquille Urie for Lake Region (4-1), setting the stage for the memorable second-half sequence from Newland (three saves).
* Montpelier 1, Stowe 0: Steve Koenemann converted an assist from Reed Brigham in the 98th minute to help the Solons stay undefeated (3-0).
* Essex 3, Rutland 0: Morgan Barber, Maria Reed and Alexa Pieus scored second-half goals as Essex kept Rutland winless.
“We just lost our defensive shape in the second half,” Rutland coach Lori McClallen said. “It was more even in the first half and they beat us to 50-50 balls in the second half.”
The Hornets outshot Rutland 12-4 .Essex keeper Essie Fiore had four saves and Raider goalie Jenna Olson earned nine.
* Peoples 2, Harwood 0: Katie Stames scored a goal in each half and Peoples blanked host Harwood in a key Capital Division match on Friday.
PA goalkeeper Anna Swift made five saves and also had an assist for the Wolves (3-0).
Amy Graham blocked seven shots for Harwood.
* U-32 3, Stowe 1: Abby Daniels deposited all three goals as U-32 improved to 4-0 at Stowe’s expense.
Kristen Keene and Metta Sairs picked up assists and Bailee Hudson made seven saves for U-32, which led 2-0 at halftime.
Kate Libby scored for Stowe and Maddie Schall stopped 14 shots.
* Champlain Valley 2, Essex 1: Katie Arms knocked in a goal halfway through the second half to lead CVU over Essex.
The visiting Hornets took an early lead when Sienna Teare deflected a pass from Kathleen Young past the Redhawks goalie. CVU (2-1-1) tied the game at the end of the first half on a goal from Robin Powell. Emma Griesser had the assist.
Melissa Moldovan had three saves in a losing effort. Evanageline Dunthy earned the win, making seven saves.