Kelsey Smith score 15 points as Class 3-A No. 12 Scottsburg defeated visiting New Albany 61-51 in girls’ high school basketball action Thursday night.
Ashley Elliot added 14 points and teammate Katie Wampler pitched in 11 points for the Warriorettes (6-1).
New Albany (3-3) got a career-high 21 points from Brianne Nixon.
* Sacred Heart 64, Jeffersonville 43: The host Valkyries (4-0) used an 18-4 run in the first quarter to cruise past the visiting Red Devils (2-4).
The Valkyries were led by DaiJia Ruffin’s 23 points and 16 rebounds.
The Red Devils got a great night off the bench from Haley Vogen, who had 16 points and nine rebounds.
* Lanesville 38, Borden 25: The host Eagles (4-4, 2-0 Southern Athletic) used a 16-4 third quarter to break open a defensive standoff and soar past the Braves (4-3, 1-2).
* Brownstown 65, Salem 55: Kaylee Bennett scored 17 points to lead the Braves (3-2) over the Lions (5-5) in their Mid-Southern Conference matchup. Trinity Booher also pitched in with 16 points for the Braves.
Alex Davidson had 17 points to lead the Lions.
* Eastern Pekin 91, West Washington 32: The Musketeers blitzed to a 37-9 lead after the first quarter and never looked back.
Kaylyn Rodewig had 18 points for Eastern (5-2), which hit 12 3-pointers.
* New Washington 69, Southwestern 42: The visiting Mustangs (7-2) were led by Caroline Ricks’ 18 points and 16 rebounds as they blew past the Rebels 69-42.
The Mustangs put three others put up double figures: Kriston Sarver (17), Ashley Johnson (15) and Courtney Amick (10).
The Rebles (2-7) were led by Sydnie McKinley and Debbie Hardy, each with 10.