Nichole Tucker made two free throws with 6.9 seconds left to give the visiting Providence Pioneers (5-3) their winning margin in the second overtime over the Salem Lions (5-3), 56-54.
Tucker led the game with 24 points, including the two free throws that tied the game at the end of regulation. Salem’s Brittney Walker missed the would-be game-winning 3-pointer.
Providence’s Lillian Hughes led the game with 16 rebounds.
* Providence 61, Austin 37: The host Pioneers (2-0) held the visiting Eagles (1-1) to three points in the first quarter. “They do such a good job defensively; we just got punched in the mouth to start the game,” said Austin coach Joe Sibbitt.
George Knott had a game-high 22 points and eight rebounds to pace the Pioneers.
* Borden 76, Lanesville 68: The host Braves (3-0, 1-0 Southern Athletic) made 14 of 19 free throws in the fourth quarter to pull out a win over the Eagles (1-2, 0-1).
Borden’s Billy Kirchgessner led four double-figure scorers with 18 points.
Lanesville’s Kevin Zollman led the game with 22 points.
* Brownstown 91, Seymour 29: Junior guard Chaz Schneider hit seven 3-point baskets and scored 34 points to lead the host Braves (2-0) to a lopsided victory over their Jackson County rivals (0-2).
* Corydon 63, North Harrison 55: Bronson Kessinger scored 22 points and Brayden Lander added 15 to lead the host Panthers (2-0, 0-1) past the Cougars (0-2, 0-1) in a Mid-Southern Conference matchup.
Cory Smith poured in 28 points to lead North Harrison.
* Eastern Pekin 56, West Washington 52: R.J. Jackson scored a game-high 22 points to lead the host Musketeers (1-2) past the Senators (2-1) for their first win of the season.
West Washington was led by Chad Thompson’s 20 points.
* Jennings County 64, Madison 53: Brad Hunt scored 22 points as the visiting Panthers (2-1) won their Hoosier Hills Conference opener over the Cubs (1-1, 0-1).
Ryan Thurston scored 16 points for Madison.
* Crothersville 59, Medora 48: Grayson Barnes pulled down 21 rebounds to go with his 13 points to lead the Tigers (2-1) past the Hornets (0-1).
Roy Edwards scored a 21 points to lead Medora. Gene Hodge scored 19 points for the winners.
* Rock Creek 58, New Washington 45: The Lions (2-2) used a 6-0 run to start the fourth quarter as they prevailed over the visiting Mustangs (0-1).
Sophomore guard Will Brown paced the way for the Lions with 16.
Ian Hughes led the Mustangs with 12 points.
* Charlestown 65, Scottsburg 59: Aaron Daniel netted 23 points and Chris Braun added 16 as the visiting Pirates (1-0, 1-0 Mid-Southern) held off the Warriors (1-2, 1-2). Malik Gross led the way for Scottsburg with 19 points and 13 rebounds.
* Orleans 62, Springs Valley 40: Tommy Mitchell poured in a game-high 19 points to propel visiting Orleans (2-0, 1-0 PLAC) past Springs Valley (1-1, 1-1). Springs Valley was led by Levi Weddle, who finished with 14 points.