Michael Nero hit a runner as time expired in overtime to give Manual a 59-57 victory over North Hardin in the Best in Hoops Tournament on Friday night at Oldham County.
The Crimsons (6-3) will play Moore in Saturday night’s final.
Scotty Sterusky led Manual with 15 points, and Khalil Rasheed added 12. Dwayne Sutton led North Hardin (6-4) with 15 points and nine rebounds.
* Moore 37, Eastern 36: The Mustangs (8-3) held on at the finish. With his team down 35-33, Eastern’s Jordan Brangers missed a 3-point attempt, and Moore’s Jaelin Sanford was fouled on the rebound. He made both free throws, and the Eagles (6-3) hit a meaningless three at the horn.
Capital City Invitational
* Doss 69, Campbell County 58: The Dragons (6-3) turned up the defensive pressure in the second half to advance to today’s final. Doss was led by Tyler Jefferson with 21 points and 11 rebounds and Montrell Little with 20 points and 11 boards.
Corey Holbrook had 21 points and DeAndre Jackson 18 for the Camels.
Fort Harrod Classic
at Mercer County
* Male 53, Boyle County 40: D. J. Lambert had 15 points and six assists, and Will Parker added 10 points and four blocks to lead the Bulldogs (6-3) past the Rebels (4-3) in the second round. Brett Jones scored 15 for Boyle County.
Lexington Christian Classic
* North Oldham 71, Sheldon Clark 50: The Mustangs (4-5) hit 12 threes in handing the Cardinals (6-1) their first loss. David Levitch led the winners with 26 points.
Portland Christian Classic
* Portland Christian 67, Edmonson County 57: The Eagles (4-5) got three double-doubles while beating the Wildcats (4-8) for the championship. Trenton Scroggy had 20 points, 11 rebounds, seven assists and seven steals, Jake Ryan added 14 points and 10 rebounds and Will Adam chipped in 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Edmonson County was led by Devin Elmore’s 20 points.
* Calvary Christian 54, St. Francis 30: The Cougars (2-10) led 46-14 at halftime and cruised past the Wyverns (3-6) in the consolation game. Nick Whitt led the way with 17 points. Len Adams scored 12 for St. Francis.
Twin Lakes Holiday Classic
* Clinton County 56, Iroquois 45: Keifer Dalton scored 19 points as the host Bulldogs (7-1) pulled away from the Raiders (6-4). Devon Johnson led Iroquois with 16.
Woodford County Invitational
* Henry Clay 78, Jeffersontown 66: Moe Hendricks poured in 37 points for the Chargers (4-5), but the Blue Devils (7-1) won their sixth in a row in the semifinals.