Host Western blew the game open early with some hot shooting to cruise over Kentucky Country Day 56-31 in high school girls’ basketball action Thursday night.
“We made our first six shots and that really carried us through the rest of the game,” Western assistant coach David Edmondson said.
Dinyell Calvert and Lelanda Matthews had double-doubles for the Warriors (3-3) with 16 points, 10 rebounds and 10 points and 10 rebounds. Datoria Higgins and Nyguasha Lewis also pitched in with 12 points and 10 points, respectively.
Hannah Lolly led the Bearcats (2-5) with 11 points.
* Valley 60, Moore 54: Lanisha Hambric scored 21 points to put the visiting Vikings (5-1) over the Mustangs (3-3). Alyson McGuire chipped in 16 points for Valley. Day’Shae White had a double-double with 12 points and 19 rebounds for a Moore team that has a couple of players fighting the flu.
* Central 84, Fairdale 34: Chazney Jones scored 22 points to lead the visiting Yellowjackets (2-2) past the Lady Bulldogs (1-4). Teammate Brianna Hawkins contributed 21 points. Narissa Keown led Fairdale with 14 points.
* Ballard 60, New Albany 51: Tearra Banks poured in 21 points to lead the visiting Bruins (6-0) over the Bulldogs (4-4). Teammate Javonna Layfield also chipped in 15 points. New Albany was led by Tanner Marcum, who scored 23 points and dished out nine assists.
* North Oldham 72, Frankfort 44: David Levitch poured in a game-high 19 points as the host Mustangs (3-4) blew past the Panthers (4-4). Teammate Cash Cameron contributed 15 points. Jalen Oliver notched 14 points to lead Frankfort.
* Moore 87, Valley 56: Trey Stott scored 15 points to lead the Mustangs (5-2) past the host Vikings (4-2). Teammate Jamon Sanford contributed 14 points. Jacob Mills led Valley with 16 points.
* South Oldham 91, Western Hills 47: The host Dragons (4-2) nailed 14 3-point shots to defeat the Wolverines. South Oldham was led by Shae Goodlett’s 22 points, and teammate Devonte Jones chipped in 16. Western Hills got 14 points from Willie Walker and 12 from Kevin Booth.