* Year in school/sport: Senior running back on the Pioneers’ football team.
* Highlights: Lanners rushed for 290 yards and five touchdowns on 38 carries in Pierz’s 47-27 win over visiting Eden Valley-Watkins on Friday.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “Just to be a team player, to respect your teammates and your opponents and to have fun.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably, (it was) beating Sauk Centre at the FargoDome last year (in the Section 6-2A championship game).”
* What’s your pregame routine? “We usually got to Subway or something. Then we come back to school and listen to music and just try to get ready.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “Probably last year, fumbling twice against Eden Valley on the 1-yard line.”
* Favorite food: Chicken.
* Favorite movie: Friday Night Lights.
* Favorite TV show: South Park.
* Favorite Web site/video game: He’s not on the Internet much. He likes playing Call of Duty on the XBox 360.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “Going to college and hopefully playing football somewhere.” He is undecided about a major.
* What’s next? The Pioneers (3-1 Central Minnesota, 4-1 overall) play at 7 p.m. at Rockford (1-3, 1-4).
The Rockets lost 28-20 Friday in Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa’s homecoming game. Rockford’s lone win is 13-12 over Eden Valley-Watkins.
The Pioneers are coming off an impressive win over EVW.
“Our game went very good,” Lanners said. “Our line just dominated their defensive line. They made some huge holes for me to run through.”
Lanners is the second-leading rusher in the area.
He has rushed for 795 yards and 14 touchdowns on 131 carries, averaging 6.1 yards-per-carry. He also has 13 receptions for 144 yards and one TD.
Like his teammates, he is learning about Rockford.
The Pioneers watched video of the Rockets as a team on Monday.
“They’ve been tough in past years,” he said.
— Tom Elliott