Horizon at Rocky Mountain
* Time: 6 p.m. today
* Location: French Field
* Watch: Coloradoan.com/sports
* Twitter updates: @Coloradoan_JB
* Coach: Frank Ybarra
* Key players: Auston Stackhouse, QB; Bryce Killmon, RB; Dante Chand, RB; Dustin Rivas, WR; Greg Gonzales, TE; Brandon Halperin. LB; Tanner Horning, LB; Steven Sumey, DB; Easton Robbins, DL.
* Coach: Mark Brook
* Record: 1-5
* Key players: Tyler Stevens, QB; Daniel Hunter, S; Justin Schiller, RB; Max McDonald, RB; Gabriel Gutierrez, RB; Jacob Haase, WR; Ryan Murphy, LB; Luiz Perez, DL; Denzel Myers, DL; Shane Wagner, K.
* Inside scoop: The same issue that has plagued Rocky Mountain all season bit the Lobos again last weekend on homecoming against Fossil Ridge, putting the ball on the turf 13 times, losing four of them, in a 49-10 defeat.
When Rocky was able to not fumble, it did a solid job of moving down field with the run game, highlighted by a breakout performance from Gabriel Gutierrez, who could become more of a factor in the Lobos’ offense as the season continues.
It’s going to be hard for Rocky to pull the upset against Horizon tonight, as the Hawks are in first place in the Front Range League standings, tied with Fort Collins at 2-0. Horizon has a balanced run/pass attack that’s hard to stop. But if the Lobos can hold on to the football and get solid yards with the option, they could keep things close enough to make a late push in the fourth quarter.