The Elmira Notre Dame boys soccer team clinched its second straight Interscholastic Athletic Conference South Large School title with a 10-0 home win against Newfield on Thursday.
Alex Nassar scored three goals and Connor Bense added two.
Notre Dame improved to 12-2.
* Watkins Glen 5, Candor 0: Jesse Teeter had three goals and an assist in Watkins Glen’s IAC road win.
* Horseheads 1, Maine-Endwell 0: Arianna Scaptura scored the only goal as Horseheads slipped past Southern Tier Athletic Conference foe Maine-Endwell on its Senior Night.
Emily Doyle had the assist as the Blue Raiders improved to 8-5-1. M-E dropped to 10-4.
* Corning 3, Horseheads 0: Corning handed STAC foe Horseheads its first dual-meet loss of the season, 25-23, 27-25, 27-25.
Angelena Maio had nine kills to pace Corning (9-3), which lost at Horseheads earlier this season.
Marlea Nolan led Horseheads (11-1) with six kills.
* U-E 3, Elmira 0: Abbie Topping had eight kills for Elmira in a 25-18, 25-10, 26-24 STAC loss at Union-Endicott.
* Horseheads wins title: Horseheads clinched the team title at the Section 4 Class A tournament at Elmira Free Academy.
The Horseheads team of Meredith Braiman/Elena DeLuccia won the doubles title to help the Blue Raiders earn the crown.
The meet was suspended because of darkness with one third-place match remaining, but the Raiders had secured enough points for the championship.
* Crusaders capture crown: Notre Dame edged Sidney by one point to win the Section 4 Class C-D team title at Greenlawn Elementary School in Bainbridge.
The Crusaders had 60 points and Sidney finished with 59, followed by Chenango Forks with 51, Delhi with 41 and Hancock with 37.
The Crusaders’ doubles team of Olivia May/Mary Pelkowski finished second. Kaley Hoefferle added a third-place singles finish.
May/Pelkowski qualified for the Section 4 state qualifier, to be held Oct. 26 at the Binghamton Tennis Center. Hoefferle will play a challenge match to try to earn a berth in the state qualifer.