* Sport: Softball
* School: Rocky Mountain
* Position: 3B/SS
* Year: Senior
* In two games last week, you went 6-for-7 with four home runs. What had you so “in the zone?”
I was confident and relaxed at the plate.
* In terms of high school games (excluding club), was that the best week of your career?
Yes. I was hitting the ball really hard and anticipating the ball well in the field. It allowed me to make a lot of plays. Everything just felt fluent.
* What’s the biggest difference between playing club softball for the Buckaroos and high school ball for Rocky?
In club ball, you are playing with and against elite players every week — that challenges you to be the best you can be.
The goal is to not only to win a state championship but to play and compete against the best of the best at the national level. Club ball has not only taught me how to play softball at a high level, but my coaches and teammates have taught me life skills that have made me a better person. High school softball is fun because you get to play and compete with your friends from school and help the younger players develop.
* Favorite athlete: Todd Helton
* Favorite food: Chick-fil-A
* Favorite college: Brigham Young
* Favorite TV show: “NCIS”
* Last good movie you watched: “The Dark Knight Rises”
* Best pre-game music: Hakuna Matata
* Do you want to play softball in college: Yes