* Ian Weider, Thetford: Weider scored four goals to lead No. 5 Thetford to a 5-1 win over No. 4 Williamstown.
* Katie Arms, Champlain Valley: Arms provided all the offense the Redhawks needed on the only shot of the game as CVU upset Essex, 1-0. Arms has scored all three CVU postseason goals.
* Robert Buonnano, Stowe: Buonnano scored with seven minutes left in the second overtime period to lift Stowe to an upset win over Black River.
By The Numbers
* 10: The number of consecutive completions for Essex quarterback Joey Picard, who finished 16 of 21 for 165 yards and four touchdowns in the 35-7 quarterfinal win over Colchester.
* 50: The number of career goals that South Burlington’s Anne-Marie Farmer has scored. Farmer scored twice in the Rebels’ quarterfianl win over Mount Mansfield.
* 621: The number of total offensive yards that Hartford gained in a Division I quarterfinal game against South Burlington. The undefeated Hurricanes beat the Rebels 54-20.
Did You Know?
* With Friday’s Division I field hockey quarterfinal win over Burlington, Mount Anthony coach Lara Paro has yet to lose a home tournament playoff game, according to athletic director Tim Brown. Paro is in her 16th season with the Patriots.
* “It was very chippy in there and we were very nervous coming in,” Essex forward Hunter Pelkey said. “But we got lucky this time.” No. 11 Essex upset No. 3 Colchester in Division I boys soccer.
* “Ever heard the anthem played on a fiddle? Me neither until today. Tremendous. #onlyinmovegas #vtplayoffs” — @ColdHollowPhoto (Shawn Corrow, journalist, photographer), who attended the Peoples-Enosburg boys soccer quarterfinal.
* Today’s playoff slate calls for 20 quarterfinals, setting the stage for next week’s semifinal matchups.