Although Bullitt East is without University of Kentucky basketball signee Derek Willis for two games after he was ejected from Monday’s contest with Lafayette, the Chargers squeezed out a tough 58-55 road victory on Thursday night.
Bullitt East was paced by senior Rusty Troutman, who scored 19 points and pulled down nine rebounds. Teammate Trey Rakes finished with 12 points.
Henry Clay was led by junior forward Trey Grundy’s 16 points and nine rebounds. Jordan Green had nine points and nine rebounds for the Blue Devils.
* KCD 58, Fort Knox 44: The Bearcats (2-0) converted 15 of 17 free throws in the fourth quarter against the Eagles (0-2).
“They tried to slow the game down, but we got some fast-break points and converted our free throws,” said KCD coach James Booker.
Robert Scholtz led the way for the Bearcats with 19 points. Colin Ferguson and Anthony Mathis also contributed with 18 and 16 points. Christopher Jackson led the Eagles with 16 points.
* North Oldham 61, Mercer County 50: David Levitch scored 32 points to lead the host Mustangs (2-0) past the Titans (1-1).
* Ballard 65, North Hardin 44: Tearra Banks had 30 points and 10 rebounds to lead the host Bruins (2-0) past the Lady Trojans (0-1). Teammate Jayvonna Layfield had 16 points and nine steals. Chanel Roberts led North Hardin with 16 points.
* Bullitt East 63, Collins 50: With Collins’ football team playing in the Class 4-A title game tomorrow, the school’s women’s basketball game got bumped back to Thursday.
The visiting Chargers (2-0), led by eighth-grader Lindsey Duvall’s 21 points, upended the Titans (1-1).
* Sacred Heart 66, Mercer County 56: Raven Merriweather finished with 24 points, five rebounds, three steals and two blocks as she led the host Valkyries (2-0) past the Titans (0-1). Teammate Ashley Johnson recorded 21 points, four rebounds and six steals. Mercer County’s Catherine Claunch had 22 points and 16 rebounds.