Travis Wright threw for three touchdowns on 25-of-37 passing and Dalyn Dawkins added TD runs of 1 and 58 yards to lead Trinity — No. 1 in The Courier-Journal’s Litkenhous Ratings — past the visitors from Male 38-7 in 6-A District Four football action Friday night.
Wright, who finished with 338 yards in the air for the Shamrocks (8-0, 3-0), connected with Reggie Bonnafon for a 5-yard score to go up 14-0 with five seconds left in the first half, then found James Quick for a 13-yard score on Trinity’s first drive in the third quarter.
Quick finished with 101 yards on nine catches as Trinity extended its state-best winning streak to 33 games.
Marque Northington covered 57 yards on 10 carries for the Bulldogs (4-4, 0-2).
* Ballard 13, Fern Creek 12: The host Bruins (5-3, 2-0 6-A District Five) beat the visiting Tigers (1-7, 0-2).
Cam Lewis caught one touchdown for Ballard.
* Seneca 21, Southern 19: Tylan Harbin completed a 12-yard pass to Michael Case with six seconds remaining as the visiting Redhawks (2-6, 1-1) defeated the Trojans (1-7, 0-2).
* Jeffersontown 22, Grayson County 21: Richard Deloney threw the game-winning touchdown and also led the host Chargers (5-3, 2-1 5-A District Three) over the Cougars (7-1, 2-1).
Mikal Howard converted the winning two-point conversion on a fake PAT.
Dondre Busby had blocked a 25-yard field-goal attempt by the Cougars to set up the tying touchdown.
* St. Xavier 55, Manual 13: The host Tigers (6-3, 2-1 6-A District Four) beat the visiting Crimsons (2-6, 0-2).
* Shawnee 27, Fort Knox 20: The Golden Eagles (1-6, 1-3 2-A District Four) not only beat the visiting Eagles (1-7, 0-4), they also broke an 11-game losing streak dating to last season. Shawnee’s last win, on Sept. 2, 2011, had came at home against Atherton 20-14.
* Doss 40, Moore 20: Devonte Moffitt completed 8 of 19 passes for 200 yards and three touchdowns as the host Dragons defeated the Mustangs. James Yarbrough had nine carries for 60 yards and two touchdowns for Doss (4-4, 3-0 4-A District Four). Moore fell to 2-6, 0-4.
* Shelby County 38, Bullitt Central 18: The visiting Rockets (6-2, 2-0 5-A District Four) capitalized on five turnovers, including on the Bullitt Central 20-yard line, to hold off the Cougars (6-3, 2-1).
* South Oldham 47, Scott High 21: Jack Sherry of the host Dragons (7-2, 3-1 5-A District Five) threw for five touchdowns to lead South Oldham past the Eagles (4-4, 1-2).
* Eastern 51, Oldham County 7: Cody Wolfe exploded for 320 yards and three touchdowns on 20-of-33 passing and also rushed for another touchdown as the visiting Eagles (6-2) cruised past the Colonels (3-4).
* KCD 55, Bethlehem 13: The Bearcats’ Jordan Duff had seven carries for 204 yards and two touchdowns as Country Day (7-1, 2-0) clinched its first Class A, District Two title in school history. Bethlehem fell to 5-3, 1-1.
* North Oldham 53, Atherton 7: The visiting Mustangs (6-2, 3-1 4-A District Three) routed the host Rebels (1-7, 0-3). North Oldham’s Quentin Shea ran for two touchdowns.
* Central 35, Henry County
0: The visiting Yellowjackets (7-1, 2-0 3-A District Three) routed the host Wildcats (2-6, 0-2).
* Bullitt East 28, North Bullitt 0: The host Chargers (4-4, 1-1 5-A District Four) dealt the Eagles (3-5, 0-3) their second shutout in a row.
* Holy Cross 35, Caverna 0
: The host Cougars (1-7, 1-1 A District Two) sacked the quarterback six times in making their first win of the season a shutout over the Colonels (1-7, 0-2).
* Collins 58, Waggener
0: Lawson Page put on a dazzling display through the air, throwing for 213 yards and five touchdowns on 20-of-34 passing to help the visiting Titans (6-2, 3-0 4-A District Three) breeze past the Wildcats (1-7, 1-3).