Northeastern Wisconsin football rankings after Week 6 of the 2012 season.
1. West De Pere (6-0): The Phantoms extended their winning streak to 34 with a 65-0 win at New London. They will host Seymour on Friday in a game between the two top teams in the Bay Conference.
2. Green Bay Southwest (6-0): The Trojans rolled to a 59-8 win over Green Bay West and are averaging 46.5 points the last two games. They have a big game against Green Bay Preble this week.
3. Green Bay Preble (6-0): The Hornets survived five turnovers in a 35-32 win at De Pere. A win against Southwest would put Preble in great position to at least share the Fox River Classic Conference championship.
4. Bay Port (6-0): The Pirates pulled away in a 49-20 win over Ashwaubenon. They have scored 49 or more points in four of their last five games and have scored at least 31 points in every game this season.
5. Seymour (6-0): The Thunder has proven it is at least the second best team in the Bay. It beat Denmark 45-7 and now has a chance for an upset over the Phantoms this week. Seymour is the last conference team to beat West De Pere when it did so in 2009.
6. Wrightstown (5-1): The Tigers have a chance to at least share the Olympian/Packerland-Large with Chilton. They beat Southern Door 58-13 and remain one game behind Chilton in the league standings.
7. De Pere (4-2): The Redbirds had a tough loss to a good Preble team, but they can guarantee themselves a spot in the WIAA playoffs with a win over Green Bay Notre Dame this week or Manitowoc next week.
8. Peshtigo (6-0): The Bulldogs remained unbeaten with a 28-0 win over Northern Elite. The biggest game of their season looms at Suring this week in a battle for the top spot in the Marinette-Oconto Conference.
9. Crandon (6-0): Beat White Lake 42-14 behind 256 yards rushing and four touchdowns from Hayden Krueger.
10. Suring (6-0): The Eagles scored a season-high 69 points in a win at Wausaukee and are averaging 43.0 points per game.
Pulaski: The Red Raiders halted a four-game losing streak with a big 41-20 win at Green Bay Notre Dame. The victory kept Pulaski’s playoff hopes alive. It needs wins over Manitowoc and Green Bay West in the final two games to have a chance to qualify for the postseason for a fourth straight year.
Riley Schussler, Wrightstown: Rushed 18 times for 369 yards and scored six touchdowns in a win over Southern Door.
Jake Wallenfang, Green Bay Preble: One of the top players in the FRCC rushed for 340 yards on 39 carries and scored three TDs in a win at De Pere. The senior leads the league with 1,261 yards and has scored 17 TDs.
Peyton Armstrong, Bay Port: The senior wideout caught five passes for 56 yards and a 14-yard TD and rushed for 67 yards and a TD in a 49-20 win over Ashwaubenon. Armstrong has 29 receptions for 479 yards.