South Central used a 23-12 third-quarter edge to beat Christian Academy 65-60 Friday night in high school boys’ basketball.
Bobby Simpson netted 22 points to lead the Rebels (4-2).
Coach Ryan Crick accredited the win to his team’s “tough defense in the third quarter that forced turnovers.”
The Warriors (3-4) were led by Aaron Hayes’ 23 points.
* Corydon 69, Scottsburg 43: Bronson Kessinger turned in a double-double, finishing with a game-high 22 points and 12 rebounds as the host Panthers (3-1, 2-0 Mid-Southern) cruised past the Warriors (1-5, 1-4 MSC). Teammate Tyler Ross added 16 points and five assists. Kirk Hardin led Scottsburg with 10 points.
* Jeffersonville 70, Silver Creek 50: The Red Devils (4-1) got a double-double from Darryl Baker as they defeated the host Dragons (1-5). Baker finished with a game-high 21 points and added 11 rebounds.
Jeffersonville outrebounded Silver Creek 31-9.
Pacing Silver Creek was Gabe Bauer with 20 points.
* New Washington 61, Rising Sun 48: The visiting Mustangs (3-2) outscored the host Shiners 36-18 in the second half to put the game away. Ian Hughes scored 14 points and James Clemons added 12 for New Washington. Cody Beckett scored 12 point and Jeremy Cravens added 11 for Rising Sun (1-5).
* Borden 64, Eastern Pekin 49: Michael Lynch scored 16 points to lead the visiting Braves (6-0) past the Musketeers (1-5) in the semifinal round of the Washington County Holiday Tournament.
Teammate Jalen McCoy added 13 points. Eastern Pekin was paced by R.J. Jackson, who finished with 14 points.
* New Albany 69, Seymour 26: The host Owls (0-6) were outscored by the Bulldogs (4-2) in every quarter.
New Albany’s Dre McBirth led all scorers with 20 points, and Jermaine Parrish added 11.
Seymour’s Zach Schlatterer led his team with six points.
* Bedford North Lawrence 52, Madison 45: The host Stars (4-3) used a 25-point outburst in the fourth quarter to get past the Cubs (2-4).
Bedford North Lawrence trailed 33-27 entering the final quarter.
Morgan Cummings scored 14 points and Jackson Ryan added 11 for the Stars.
The Cubs were led by Landon Perry’s 12 points.
* Brownstown 77, North Harrison 58: Zach McCory scored 27 points and Chaz Schneider added 18 as the visiting Braves (4-0, 3-0 Mid-Southern) rolled past the Cougars (2-3, 1-2 MSC). Cory Smith had 23 points for North Harrison.
* Perry Central 80, Springs Valley 50: Tanner Cassidy scored 21 points to lead four players in double figures as the host Commodores (4-1) blasted the Blackhawks (3-2).
* Orleans 73, Medora 23: The visiting Bulldogs (4-1) had three players score in double figures in rolling past the Hornets (0-4). Orleans held Medora scoreless in the second quarter.