* Matchup: Binghamton (8-2) vs. Syracuse CBA (10-0)
* When: 6 p.m. Saturday
* State rankings: Binghamton unranked; CBA No. 3
* State playoff appearances: Binghamton fifth; CBA ninth
* Up next: 5-Rochester Aquinas or 6-Orchard Park, 6 p.m. Nov. 17 at Sahlen’s Stadium, Rochester
* Etc.: CBA, once a state-playoff fixture, is making the program’s first appearance since 2005. … Expect plenty of scoring. CBA has averaged 35 points per game, and has averaged 41 over the past four games. Binghamton comes in at 41.7 per game on the season, and fresh off 118 points in two Section 4 playoff games. … Deshawn Salter leads the Brothers with 1,255 rushing yards (11.4 per carry). He sat out last weekend’s Section 4 title game because of illness. … Quarterback J.R. Zazzara was CBA’s MVP in a 35-24 victory against Baldwinsville. His 99 rushing yards included a 47-yarder for a score, and he passed 55 yards for another touchdown.
* Matchup: Union-Endicott (8-1) vs. Nottingham (8-2)
* When: 8 tonight
* State rankings: U-E No. 8; Nottingham No. 12
* State playoff appearances: U-E ninth; Nottingham first
* Up next: 5-Eastridge or 6-Sweet Home, 8 p.m. Nov. 16 at Sahlen’s Stadium, Rochester
* Etc.: U-E claimed its lone state playoff victory in 1995 — Isaiah Kacyvenski’s senior season — and has gone 0-for-7 since. … Nottingham last captured a Section 3 championship in 1980. … The Bulldogs have won five in a row since falling by 25-6 at Jamesville-DeWitt. Their other loss was by 28-14 in the season opener against CBA. … Nottingham quarterback Marty Clanton has passed for 1,441 yards on 61.2-percent accuracy, and Derrick Gore (5-9, 190) is the rushing leader with 1,525 on 9.9 per carry. … Excluding a three-touchdown loss at Maine-Endwell, the Tigers have outscored their opponents by an average of 39-14.
* Matchup: Maine-Endwell (10-0) vs. Cazenovia (9-1)
* When: 11 a.m. Saturday
* State rankings: Maine-Endwell No. 1; Cazenovia No. 5
* State playoff appearances: M-E fifth; Cazenovia sixth
* Up next: 5-East Rochester-Gananda or 6-Alden, 3 p.m. Nov. 17 at Sahlen’s Stadium, Rochester
* Etc.: Cazenovia was ousted in the quarterfinals by Chenango Forks in 2001, 2006 and 2007 — scoring a combined 14 points in those losses. In the 2010 quarters, Chenango Valley defeated Cazenovia, 27-14. … Jake Wilson (5-8, 180) has rushed for 9.6 yards per carry on the way to a team-leading 1,319 total for Cazenovia. … The Lakers have won eight in a row since a 22-20 setback against Jamesville-DeWitt. … Cazenovia has scored 47.5 points per game over its past five.. Maine-Endwell has not allowed an opponent more than 20 since its 2010 season finale. … M-E has topped New York’s Class B rankings from the start. Cazenovia debuted at No. 19 after Week 3. …
* Matchup: Chenango Forks (10-0) vs. Skaneateles (10-0)
* When: 2:30 p.m. Saturday
* State rankings: Forks No. 3; Skaneateles No. 7
* State playoff appearances: Forks 11th; Skaneateles first
* Up next: 5-Hornell or 6-Cleveland Hill, noon Nov. 17 at Sahlen’s Stadium, Rochester
* Etc.: The Lakers average 45.4 points per game, and have been held short of 40 by three opponents — Herkimer once and Bishop Ludden twice. … Conor Herr (6-1, 217) has completed 60-plus percent of his passes for about 2,400 yards and 38 touchdowns. His top receiver, Jake Cooney (6-1, 193) made 11 receptions for 191 yards and four touchdowns in a 33-16 win last weekend against Herkimer. … Forks has won at least 10 games in 10 of the past 12 seasons. … Blue Devils fullback Isaiah Zimmer has rushed for 1,203 yards, including a combined 373 and seven touchdowns in the Section 4 semifinal and final. … John Colm Sweeney has passed for 507 yards.
* Matchup: Tioga (9-1) vs. Sandy Creek (10-0)
* When: 5 p.m. today
* State rankings: Tioga No. 1; Sandy Creek No. 3
* State playoff appearances: Tioga second; Sandy Creek first
* Up next: 5-Avon or 6-Randolph, 5 p.m. Nov. 16 at Sahlen’s Stadium, Rochester
* Etc.: Sandy Creek, located in northern Oswego County, will make the program’s first state-playoff appearance. … The Comets have experienced some tough games on the way to this point, with wins by seven, eight, two, seven and five points among the 10. … All but one Tioga victory have come by 18 or more points, and the average margin is 33. … Sandy Creek’s run defense had best be on high-alert against the Tigers, whose Tyler Spires, Jesse Manual and Brad Jump have collectively rushed for 3,572 yards and 49 touchdowns. Senior Spires heads the way with 1,603 and freshman Manual has gone for 1,336.
— Kevin Stevens