Dominique Mack went 4 of 5 from the free-throw line in the fourth quarter to the seal the first-ever win for Holy Cross at the All “A” Classic, 65-60 over Pikeville on Thursday night at Frankfort Civic Center.
Mack led the Cougars (6-15) with 24 points and 14 rebounds. Jack Schmidt added 23 total points and 11 rebounds.
The Panthers’ Rubben Kasongo scored 32 points and had 14 rebounds.
Holy Cross will play Newport Central Catholic (18-2) tonight at 8 in the quarterfinals.
* Bishop Brossart 54, Collegiate 49: Justin Saunders led all scorers with 18 points to lead the Mustangs (18-3) over the Titans (11-7) in first-round action. Bryce Overstreet led Collegiate with 17 points.
Bishop Brossart will play Russell County (19-4) in today’s quarterfinals at 6:30 p.m.
* Bardstown 61, Carlisle County 46: Devonte Grundy led all scorers with 21 points, helping the Tigers (16-5) beat the Comets (14-5).
* Model 68, University Heights 56: Senior Jon Ballard led the Patriots (18-3) with 20 points in a victory over the Blazers (8-10).
* Russell County 69, Butler 68: Despite a furious fourth-quarter rally, the Red Devils (19-4) hung on for the win against the Bears (13-9). Kyle Skaggs scored a game-high 33 points for Russell county.
* Owen County 46, Middlesboro 38: Carson Williams scored 10 points to lead the Rebels (17-3) past the Yellowjackets (12-8).
Middlesboro’s Donnie Foister lead all scorers with 16 points.