The 41st annual Burlington Invitational — the state’s premier regular season track and field meet — is Saturday at the high school’s D.G. Weaver Athletic Complex.
Boys pole vault starts the competition at 11 a.m. Running events begin with heats of the girls 4-by-800-meter relay at 1:30 p.m.
While there are many athletes to keep an eye on, here’s a look at five boys and five girls who should perform well Saturday.
Girls to watch
* Quinn Bornstein, St. Johnsbury junior: Ranked first in the 1,500 and third in the 3,000;
* Autumn Eastman, Champlain Valley junior: Holds No. 2 position in the 1,500 and 800;
* Karlee Fowler, Burlington junior: Seeded first in the 100 hurdles and third in the 300 hurdles. Also fifth in triple jump;
* Kaya Gilding, South Burlington sophomore: Holds top spot in long jump and sits third in the 200;
* Hannah Merriam, Peoples junior: Owns top spot in 100 and is ranked second in the 200.
Boys to watch
* Alec Eschholz, Mount Mansfield: Top seed in the 300 hurdles, an event he won at states as freshman. Also second in the 100 hurdles;
* Bobby Evans, Essex senior: Ranked in top 3 for all three jumps, including first in long jump;
* Dage Minors, St. Johnsbury: Ranked first in the 1,500 and 800;
* Malcolm Plunkett, South Burlington: Sits first in the 3,000 and second in the 1,500;
* Karl Raacke, Colchester senior: Tops in discus and ranked fifth in javelin.
To scour the performance lists and follow live updates, visit http://802timing.com/tf_live_results/