Lucas Aube’s double-double helped Champlain Valley come back from a one-point halftime deficit and grab a 43-27 win over BFA-St. Albans in high school boys basketball Tuesday night.
Aube had 16 points and 18 rebounds to lead the Redhawks, while Brandon O’Connell had nine points and 14 rebounds.
Taylor Paya scored eight points and Ryan Connor chipped in seven for BFA-St. Albans.
* Mount Mansfield 57, North Country 40: Kyle Adams, Alec Eschholz and Sean Springer each scored 10 points and Mount Mansfield rolled past host North Country.
Matthew Duncan paced North Country with 15 points.
MMU (2-0) led 28-15 at the break and 50-23 after three quarters.
* Rutland 71, Colchester 65: A 30-point second quarter helped Rutland establish a lead before holding off host Colchester’s late charge.
Patrick O’Rourke scored 19 of his 27 points in the first half while Samuel Brochu added 18 for Rutland.
Brady Doud (23 points), Ricky Giroux (20) and Marquel Webster reached double figures for the Lakers.
* Twinfield 106, Northfield 14: Merle Darling paced a balanced attack with 15 points as Twinfield rolled up the points in topping Northfield.
* Stowe 57, Enosburg 56: Shayde Ward hit a pair of free throws with less than 30 seconds remaining into help Stowe earn a narrow win over Enosburg.
Petey Walsh had 21 points, Robert Buonanno added 12 and Ward chipped in with 10 points for Stowe (1-1).
Erick Savoy led all scorers with 31 points for Enosburg (0-1), while Cam Caforia had 16 points.
* Fair Haven 40, Middlebury 32: Fair Haven went 5-of-7 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter to seal a win over Middlebury.
Cameron Hughes had 12 points and Alex Fontaine scored 11 points to lead Fair Haven (1-0).
Cullen Hathaway scored 10 points to lead Middlebury (0-1).
* Mill River 73, Mount Abraham 43: Mark Goyette’s 12 points and 14 rebounds keyed Mill River’s win at Mount Abraham.
Mike Morgan scored 15 points and Dylan Shelvey chipped in 13 for Mill River (1-1).
Mark Jipner led Mount Abraham (0-2) with 10 points.
* Danville 65, Blue Mountain 40: Kyle Johnson pumped in 32 points in Danville’s season-opening win at Blue Mountain.
Brett Elliot added 16 points for Danville. Nick Gordon scored 18 points for Blue Mountain.
45, Spaulding 40: Jackie Nagle’s 18 points led Colchester past Spaulding in the Crimson Tide’s holiday tournament at Barre Auditorium.
Katie Thygesen scored 13 points for Spaulding.
* Champlain Valley 41, South Burlington 23: Laurel Jaunich recorded 14 points and 10 rebounds to power Champlain Valley past South Burlington at the Spaulding tournament at Barre Auditorium.
Samantha Barrett paced South Burlington with nine points.
CVU girls beat SB tonight, 41 – 23. Laurel Jaunich led CVU with a double-double of 14 points and 10 rebounds. Samantha Barrett led SB with 9 points.
* Essex 57, St. Johnsbury 24: Kara Sheftic had 17 points, 11 rebound and three blocks as she paced Essex in a win over St. Johnsbury.
DJ Couture added 12 points for Essex, who moved to 2-0.
Molly Fried led St. Johnsbury (0-1) with 10 points and Seva Norkute chipped in with seven points.
* Rutland 40, BFA-St. Albans 38: Kristin Switzer had 14 points to lead Rutland to a win over BFA-St. Albans in a game that was close through out.
Lauren Farian added 13 points for the Raiders (1-1), who were tied 18-18 at halftime.
Kim Howrigan had 16 points for BFA-St. Albans (1-1).
* Enosburg 56, Milton 38: Emily Bose had 28 points to lead Enosburg to a win over host Milton.
Chloe Longe added 11 points for Enosburg (1-1).
Dallas Broadhead led Milton (0-1) with nine points.
* Thetford 44, Rivendell 23: Shyann Josler scored nine points and Ella Chapman added eight as host Thetford topped Rivendell.
Thetford (2-0) led 29-7 at the break.
* Randolph 41, Woodstock 23: Brittney Lafreniere scored 10 points in Randolph’s win over visiting Woodstock.
Sam Tuller added eight points for Randolph (2-0).