Junior forward Austin Nolot had a big night with 19 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks to lead the North Harrison boys’ basketball team past host Austin 65-62 on Friday.
The Cougars (5-3) led by 10 in the third quarter, but the Eagles (2-6) chipped away and eventually took the lead in the fourth.
With 40 seconds remaining and Austin up 60-59, North Harrison’s Joseph Hinton stole the ball and converted a layup to put his team ahead for good. He finished with 18 points.
Josh Vires scored 19 to lead the Eagles.
* Eastern Pekin 56, Silver Creek 55: Evan Wolf scored 15 points, including a free throw with eight seconds remaining to lift the Musketeers (4-5, 2-2 Mid-Southern) over the host Dragons (2-8, 0-4).
R.J. Jackson scored 12 points for Eastern Pekin. Silver Creek’s Gabe Bauer had 15.
* Charlestown 64, Seymour 52: Senior guards Aaron Daniel and Chris Braun combined for 53 points as the visiting Pirates (5-3) rallied past the Owls (1-10). Daniel had five 3-pointers and 32 points, and Braun scored 21.
Charlestown trailed 46-43 entering the fourth quarter but outscored Seymour 21-6 to win going away.
“We stepped up and made some shots to take the lead and then got some some great stops,” coach Sean Smith said.
* Corydon 49, Floyd Central 35: The host Panthers (7-2) cranked up the defense and won their third in a row.
“Our defensive pressure, especially in the third quarter, took Floyd out of their game,” assistant coach Greg Robinson said.
Timothy Wiseman had 13 points and Tyler Ross and Brandon Kessinger 11 each for Corydon. Jackson Logsdon scored 10 to lead the Highlanders (2-9), who lost their fifth straight game.
* Lanesville 75, South Central 65: Justin Miller scored 17 points and pulled down 13 rebounds to power the host Eagles (8-4, 2-1 Southern Athletic) over the Rebels (7-4, 0-2). Jack Ferree added 16 points for the winners. South Central was led by Bobby Sampson’s 23.
* Borden 63, New Washington 40: Cody Bachman tossed in 16 points and Garrett Vick added 13 to lead the host Braves (8-0, 4-0 Southern Athletic) over the Mustangs (5-5, 1-1). New Washington got 14 from Logan Miles.
* Brownstown 68, West Washington 24: Chaz Schneider had 13 points, Hayden Stuckwisch 10 and Skylar Thompson six points and 10 rebounds as the host Braves (8-1) rolled past the Senators (3-6).
* Madison 71, Scottsburg 57: Carson Wattenbarger paced the Cubs (5-4) with 23 points, including three 3-pointers, and Nick Macon scored 18 in the victory over the Warriors (2-7), who got 17 from Christian Evans.
* Crawford County 64, Springs Valley 47: The host Wolfpack (8-1) outscored the visiting Blackhawks (4-6) in three of the four quarters. Crawford County’s Johnny Schwartz led all scores with 21 points and pulled down six rebounds, and teammate Jordan Nickelson had 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Sebastian Baggett led Springs Valley with 16 points.
* Orleans 58, Salem 30: The host Bulldogs (8-3) outscored the Lions (0-8) in every quarter. Trey Bradley led the way with 17 points, six rebounds and six assists. Tommy Mitchell added 11 points and six assists.
Jordan Baker paced Salem with 11 points.
Providence 45, Clarksville 15: Meredith Endris had 15 points and Nichole Tucker 12 as the host Pioneers (8-5) cruised past the Generals (3-8).