* Year in school/sport: Junior guard on the boys basketball team.
* Highlights: Foley had 26 points in a 92-63 win over Bemidji and 23 in a 69-55 victory at Big Lake. He had double-digit rebound totals in both games and had nine assists vs. Big Lake and eight against Bemidji.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s taught me to learn how to work with other people and how to adapt to specific situations and … learn how to deal with them.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably this year at the playoffs for soccer in the first round. We won it on a shootout over Buffalo at home.”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “Nothing too special. I just kind of go with the flow. I just go to the locker room and get ready.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “I don’t know. Probably getting the ball jammed between the rim and the backboard against Rocori last year.”
* Favorite food: Bacon.
* Favorite movie: Semi-Pro.
* Favorite TV show: Big Bang Theory.
* Favorite Web site: Twitter.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “I’m planning on going to a four-year college to play basketball somewhere and then we’ll see from there.” He’s unsure about a college major at this point. “I was thinking becoming an anesthesiologist, but it also has changed five times in the past three months.”
* What’s next? Tech (3-9 Central Lakes, 6-16 overall) is host to Alexandria (4-8, 9-11) at 7:30 tonight and then plays Friday at Sauk Rapids (1-11, 2-20).
Tech won Jan. 26 at Alexandria, 64-56. The Tigers beat Sauk Rapids 67-32 Jan. 17.
Foley agreed that Tech seems to be turning the corner, having won its last two games.
“Even in the last couple of games that we lost, we’ve been right there until the very end,” Foley said.
— Tom Elliott