* Year in school/sport: Sophomore forward on the boys basketball team.
* Highlights: Theisen had 12 points in the Crusaders’ 51-31 win over Kimball in the North Section 5-2A semifinals Saturday and had 13 in a 73-42 win over Spectrum Academy of Elk River in the first round Thursday.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “To be disciplined. You always have to work to get what you want and to never take anything lightly because you’ll never know when it will be taken away from you with injuries and stuff like that.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “I’d have to say getting my first dunk against Tech. I had a career high for points (33) and it’s always good to beat the crosstown rival.”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “Usually, I go home, get something to eat, sit down, watch some TV and then go to the JV game at 6. Then I go get dressed.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “Probably last year when I was shooting a free throw and I airballed my first shot.”
* Favorite food: Ice cream cake.
* Favorite movie: Glory Road.
* Favorite TV show: ESPN Sports Center.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Minnesota Basketball Hub. He also enjoys playing Madden ’13 on XBox 360.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “Either play college basketball or baseball. That’s my goal.” He’s undecided on an academic pursuit.
* What’s next? Top-seeded Cathedral (22-6) plays second-seeded Annandale (18-9) for the north subsection championship at 6 tonight at Dassel-Cokato High School. The winner plays for the section title and a state tournament berth at 6:30 p.m. Friday at Halenbeck Hall.
The South Sub-Section 5-2A final features fourth-seeded Mayer Lutheran (17-10) and second-seeded Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (21-7). That game follows the Cathedral-Annandale game tonight.
— Tom Elliott