* Year in school/sport: Senior on the boys swimming and diving team.
* Highlights: Nieters was a part of two winning relay teams Saturday at the Section 3A true-team championships in Sartell. The section-champion Sabres won the 200-yard medley relay in 1 minute, 41 seconds, a section record. They also won the 200 freestyle relay in 1:30.31, a meet record.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It has taught me to be determined and to never give up.
“Even if it seems hopeless, there is always a chance of winning.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “My most memorable moment would be making it down to state my last two years (in the 200 freestyle relay and the 200 medley relay).
“Just the energy down there is amazing.”
* What’s your pre-meet routine? “Before the meet, I carry a gallon of water with me to try to stay hydrated. I try to fill it up twice before the meet. Hydration is really important.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “Honestly, I can’t think of one off the top of my head. High school has been pretty fun.”
* Favorite food: Pulled-pork sandwiches.
* Favorite movie: Titanic.
* Favorite TV show: “I haven’t watched TV in a long time.”
* Favorite Web site/video game: Facebook. He plays Battlefield III on XBox 360.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “Go to college somewhere, but I have no idea where yet.” He’s thinking about majoring in engineering or teaching.
* What’s next? The Sabres (5-1 Central Lakes, 5-1overall) are host to St. Cloud Tech (4-1, 5-1) at 6 p.m. Thursday.
— Tom Elliott