* Year in school/sport: Senior forward on the boys soccer team.
* Highlights: Erickson had two goals in a 4-0 win over St. Cloud Tech on Thursday, then had a goal in the Sabres’ 1-0 win Saturday at Bemidji.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s taught me about discipline, who to do stuff and get it done on time, and how to be a leader and not get down on people because you know they are trying their best. It’s also taught me about adversity and how you get curve balls thrown at you in life … You can work your butt off and at the end of the day, that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily going to happen for you.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably going to state as a sophomore. That’s been the highlight of my career so far.”
* What’s your pre-match routine? “Personally, I listen to music. I like to eat some fruit before games to get some good energy. Then in warmups, I go hard and get some good touches on the ball. Then, with about 10 minutes to go I like to relax and have some fun with the guys.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “My sophomore year in the game to go to state, I missed a PK (penalty kick) … I took my eye off the ball for a second and kicked it really high. I might have gotten a (football) field goal out of it.”
* Favorite food: Pasta.
* Favorite movie: 8 Mile.
* Favorite TV show: Rocket Power.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Youtube.com. He also enjoys playing FIFA on PlayStation3.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “I would like to play college ball. That’s my goal. If I don’t, I have no specific plans.” He’s undecided about a college major.
* What’s next? Sartell was 7-0-1 in the Central Lakes Conference and 10-2-1 overall going into a game with Brainerd (4-5, 5-8) on Monday night.
The Sabres are host to Sauk Rapids (2-7, 3-9-1) at 7 p.m. Tuesday, then play at 7 p.m. Thursday St. Cloud Apollo (6-2-1, 9-3-2).