* Year in school/sport: Senior 126-pounder on the wrestling team.
* Highlights: Manderfeld won the Section 6-2A title at New London and is ranked third in the state in Class 2A.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s taught me to motivate myself and motivate others and how get things done. And, it’s trained me to be a leader.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Last year, was a pretty good one for us. We had a senior team and we beat Kasson-Mantorville to get third (at state). And my sophomore year, I was the first Foley wrestler to win first place at the Rumble on the Red (holiday tournament in Fargo).”
* What’s your pre-meet routine? “We do the same thing every time. We warm up as a team, do some drilling, a little live wrestling and cool down.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “I really haven’t had any in wrestling to be honest with you.”
* Favorite food: Steak.
* Favorite movie: “I don’t really have one.”
* Favorite TV show: It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Twitter.
He’s a Call of Duty fan on PlayStation 3.
* What are your post-high-school plans? He has been accepted to West Point Military Academy in New York, where he plans to major in engineering and to wrestle.
* What’s next? Manderfeld and the Falcons wrestle against Totino-Grace at 9 a.m. Thursday at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul in the state Class 2A quarterfinals.
Foley is the third seed and ranked third in the state. Manderfeld also is the third-ranked Class 2A wrestler in the state at 126 pounds. Individual competition takes place Friday with the state finals set for 7 p.m. Saturday at the X.
“We probably have one of the toughest unseeded teams (in Totino-Grace),” Manderfeld said.
— Tom Elliott