* Year in school/sport: Senior running back on the football team.
* Highlights: Millner gained 157 yards on 17 carries with one touchdown in No. 4 Pierz’s 23-12 win over No. 1 Foley in the Section 5-3A semifinals Saturday.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “Mostly about being a team player and working together, working well with others and trying to be a great leader pretty much.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably two years ago. We played in the FargoDome for the section championship and it was a great group of guys playing football together. (Pierz beat Sauk Centre 28-0 to go to state).
* What’s your pre-game routine? “I usually drink a bottle of Pedialyte so that I don’t cramp up. I eat a couple of bananas, watch film of the other team, read the game plan and think about what I have to do.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “We had a little pep fest at school and we (the seniors) lost to the sophomores in (floor) hockey. I gave up the winning goal (in net).”
* Favorite food: Mom’s three-cheese lasagna.
* Favorite movie: Rudy.
* Favorite TV show: ESPN SportsCenter.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Twitter. He’s a Call of Duty fan on PlayStation 3.
* What are your post-high-school plans? He’s undecided, but thinking about Concordia-Moorhead, Hamline and Central Lakes College to play football and/or run track.
He’s thinking about majoring in physical therapy or possibly being a teacher.
* What’s next? Pierz (7-3) plays St. Cloud Cathedral (6-4) for the Section 5-3A championship at 5:45 p.m. Friday at St. Cloud State’s Husky Stadium.
The Pioneers are attempting to qualify for the state playoffs for the 10th time since 1981 and the seventh time since 2003.
Pierz won a state 2A title in 2004.