Andrew Steggeman made 9 of 12 free throws in the fourth quarter to lead Collegiate past Kentucky Country Day 81-73 for its second consecutive All “A” Classic Seventh Region championship.
Steggeman led all scorers with 29 points, while Kennedy Kommor added 15 and Bryce Overstreet 13 for the Titans (11-5).
Anthony Mathis, Colin Ferguson and Zach Lyles scored 18 each to lead the Bearcats (10-7).
Collegiate’s Steggeman, Kommor and Henry Walter were named to the all-tournament team. The Titans will face the 10th Region winner at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Frankfort Civic Center.
* Oldham County 62, Seneca 56: The host Redhawks (10-8) coughed up three consecutive turnovers at the outset of overtime, each of which led to layups for the Colonels (11-6), who pulled away for the win.
Seneca’s Gerald McCarver had tied the score with a basket in the lane with 15 seconds left in regulation. McCarver led the game with 17 points, while Jacob Kopp had 14 for Oldham.
* DeSales 47, Woodford County 45: Nathan Roush drove the middle of the lane and scored with three seconds left to give the Colts (11-7) the win over the Yellowjackets (10-8) in the DMD Data Systems Classic at Frankfort High School.
DeSales had stalled for the last shot since gaining possession with 1:30 left. DeSales’ Daniel Breedlove led the game with 16 points, including three 3-pointers, while Roush added 15, including the winning two.
* Manual 63, Christian Academy-Indiana 58: Andy Tillman made three consecutive fourth-quarter 3-pointers to give the visiting Crimsons (9-8) a 49-42 lead and they hung on to outlast the Warriors (6-6). CAI’s Aaron Hayes led all scorers with 31 points and Devonta King added 17. Tillman had 20 and Simon Clifford 17 for Manual.
* Portland Christian 83, Heritage Academy 49: Senior guard Trenton Scroggy made three 3-pointers and poured in a game-high 28 points and Will Adams added 16 as Portland Christian (6-6) cruised past Heritage Academy (4-10).
Zac Smith paced Heritage with 14 points.
* Male 70, Bardstown 39: Senior guard Darryl Lambert scored 17 points as the host Bulldogs (14-4) led 48-20 at halftime and were never threatened by the Tigers (13-5). Josh Stoner scored 15 points and sophomore Jaelin Brasher collected 19 rebounds for Male.
* Lafayette 72, Eastern 59: Jackson Davis had a huge night with 25 points, 12 rebounds, four blocks and three steals to pace the Generals (10-6) over the Eagles (8-8) in the Central Bank Classic at Lexington Christian.