Junior Raymond Spalding had a triple-double — 21 points, 16 rebounds and 10 blocks — to power the Trinity High School basketball team to a 58-50 victory over Henry Clay on Saturday in the Capital City Rumble at the Frankfort Civic Center.
The Shamrocks (3-0) built a 30-15 halftime lead and held off the Blue Devils (2-2), who got 27 points and nine rebounds from Jordan Green.
* Peyton Case hit two free throws with four seconds remaining to lift the Bobcats (5-0) over the sloppy Bulldogs (1-3) in the Greater Farm Bureau Classic at the Pikeville Expo Center. Male couldn’t overcome 27 turnovers and failed to get off a shot after Case snapped a 44-all tie. Christopher Leon led the Bulldogs with 17 points.Betsy Layne 46, Male 44:
* Cory Thomas scored 28 points, Caleb Longacre 20 and Terik Mason 14 to lead the Bulldogs (2-2) past the Panthers (3-2) in the Roundball Classic at Boyd County Middle School. Fleming County is the defending 16th Region champion.Fairdale 77, Fleming County 50:
* : The host Colonels (2-0) jumped out to an 18-5 lead after one quarter and cruised past the Tigers (3-1). Nick Ruthsatz had 20 points, including two 3-pointers, for Covington Catholic. St. X was led by Malik Carr and Robert Shaw with 11 points apiece.Covington Catholic 68, St. Xavier 46
* Frankie Flores made three threes and scored a game-high 17 points to lead the Wildcats (2-2) over the Yellow Jackets (2-1) in the Central Bank Shootout at Richmond Model. Chris Shelton had 14 points for Williamsburg.Whitefield 64, Willamsburg 42:
* Devon Johnson poured in 27 points as the host Raiders (3-1) pulled away in the fourth quarter to win the opening game of the Louisville Hoopfest. Rock Creek (2-3) had cut a 43-23 halftime deficit to nine in the third quarter but was done in by 25 turnovers. Iroquois also collected 21 offensive rebounds. Ronald Karenzi and Will Brown scored 13 points each for Rock Creek.Iroquois 73, Rock Creek 53:
* Intense defensive pressure forced a turnover in the closing seconds as the visiting Tigers (4-0) held off the Centurions (1-3). Anthony Moore led the winners with 14 points, and Shawn Best and Daylyn Johnson added 13 each. Toney Colley had 15 points and Max Duff 13 for Christian Academy.Fern Creek 56, Christian Academy 54:
* : Victor Billingslea tossed in 31 points as the host Bearcats (2-0) rolled in a game that went to a running clock for the second half.Beth Haven 81, Christian Fellowship 10
The visiting Eagles (1-3) raced to a 24-2 lead and breezed past the Titans (1-3). Jared Free had 22 points and Jarred George 20 for North Bullitt. Collegiate got 32 from Bryce Overstreet.* North Bullitt 81, Collegiate 56: