With 0:17 left in the game and the score tied at 69, sophomore point guard Dajuanta Weaver stole the ball and converted a layup, and host Doss held off Butler 74-71 Tuesday night in a hotly contested high school boys’ basketball game.
“It was a game of runs,” Doss assistant coach Kevin Geary said. “Both teams played really hard.”
Weaver finished with a game-high 22 points and 10 assists for the Dragons (12-4). Junior forward Montrell Little added 16 points and 11 rebounds for the winners.
Demetrius McReynolds scored 16 for the Bears (11-5).
* Trinity 75, Collins 65: The Shamrocks’ press forced 19 turnovers, including six in the fourth quarter, as they outscored the host Titans (9-4) by 31-21 in the final quarter.
Darryl Hicks had 20 points and eight rebounds for Trinity (11-3). Buddy Johnson scored a team-high 16 points for Collins..
* St. Xavier 57, Christian Academy 53: Robert Shaw scored 19 points as the visiting Tigers (11-5) made 11 of 12 free throws to down the Centurions (10-8).
Sawyer Hobbs had 20 points and seven assists for CAL.
* Seneca 53, Atherton 49: Darian Porter stole the ball with one minute left in a tied game and made the ensuing layup, and Gerald McCarver sank two free throws with 10 seconds left to lift the host Redhawks (9-7) over the Rebels (5-8).
McCarver led Seneca with 12 points. Atherton’s Joshua Floyd had 16 points.
* Iroquois 55, Shelby County 50: The host Raiders (10-7) were led by Devon Johnson’s 14 points. Michael Berry had 13 points for the Rockets (5-10).
* Jeffersontown 77, Waggener 71: Moe Hendricks made 10 of 11 free throws and scored 25 points and teammate Brandon Marshall added 14 as the host Chargers (8-6) beat the Wildcats (7-11).
Brandon Wells scored 25 points including five 3-pointers for Waggener.
* Male 59, Collegiate 51: Josh Stoner scored 16 points and D.J. Lambert added 14 as the host Bulldogs (12-4) held off a 25-point fourth-quarter effort from the Titans (9-5). Andrew Steggeman paced Collegiate with 16 points.
* Oldham County 58, Bullitt Central 44: Anthony Lape scored 16 points and teammates Conner Hicks and Jacob Kopp each added 11 each as the host Colonels (11-5) beat the Cougars (5-9). Jacob Wampler scored 13 for Bullitt Central.
* Moore 66, Manual 52: Jamon Sanford scored a game- high 17 points and brother Jaelin added 16 as the Mustangs (12-5) beat the visiting Crimsons (8-7).
* South Oldham 78, Walton-Verona 38: Kyle Young’s 18 points led the Dragons (12-3) past the host Bearcats (5-12).
* Fairdale 95, Valley 58: The visiting Bulldogs (10-4) scored 52 first-half points to cruise past the Vikings (5-7). Cory Thomas had 29 for Fairdale.
* Pleasure Ridge Park 114, Wanneroo, Australia,
39: Lamontray Harris scored 17 points and had eight rebounds for the host Panthers (13-4).