The Sanford brothers did in Doss on Friday night, helping give visiting Moore a thrilling 57-54 boys’ basketball victory.
Senior Jamon Sanford took a pass from junior Jaelin and hit a 3-pointer from above the key as time expired to win it. Jamon had 18 points and Jaelin 12 to lead the Mustangs (11-5), who won their third in a row and snapped Doss’ nine-game winning streak.
The Dragons (10-4) had rallied from a 43-37 deficit to tie it at 54 with 10 seconds to go on Dajzon Dukes’ only basket of the game.
“It was a great game … hard-fought by both teams,” Doss coach K. C. Goodin said. “They made the play at the end.”
Montrell Little and Dajuanta Weaver led Doss with 11 points each.
* South Oldham 49, Oldham County 44: Shae Goodlett scored 16 points to lead the visiting Dragons (11-3) over the Colonels (10-5), who got 13 from Jacob Kopp.
* Iroquois 52, North Oldham 45: The host Raiders (9-7) broke away from a 41-all tie with three minutes remaining to defeat the Cougars (6-8). Devon Johnson scored 28 to lead Iroquois, and David Levitch had 26 for North Oldham.
* Anderson County 55, Collins 43: Jay Smith and Austin Linzy each scored 13 points as the host Bearcats (10-1) won their eighth straight game. Raphael Stone scored 14 and Brent Kidwell 13 for the Titans (9-4).
* St. Xavier 75, DeSales 57: The visiting Tigers (10-5) outscored the Colts 40-24 in the second half to pull away. Alex Jones scored 18 points and Robert Shaw 17 for St. X. Daniel Breedlove had five 3-pointers and 23 points and Nathan Roush added 13 points for DeSales (9-6).
* Male 68, Waggener 39: The host Bulldogs (11-4) used a variety of switching defenses to wallop the Wildcats (7-10), who trailed 50-16 at halftime. Ten Bulldogs scored, led by Josh Stoner’s 21 points, including four 3-pointers.
* Trinity 59, Newport Central Catholic 42: Darryl Hicks poured in 27 points and Craig Owens added 13 points and six rebounds as the visiting Shamrocks (10-3) handed the Thoroughbreds (12-1) their first loss.
Drew McDonald scored 12 for Newport Central Catholic.
* North Bullitt 51, Whitefield 35: The Eagles (9-8) defeated the Wildcats (5-7) as Zac Lamkin scored 15 points. Andrew Patterson had four 3-pointers and 16 points for Whitefield.
* Shelby County 69, Beth Haven 45: Michael Berry had 20 points in the victory for the visiting Rockets (4-9). Brad Pharis had three 3-pointers and 12 points for the Bearcats (6-8), and Dakota McKinney added 10.
* Shawnee 71, Brown 25: Thirteen players scored, and the defense threw a shutout in the fourth quarter as the visiting Golden Eagles (1-13) earned their first victory at the expense of the Bears (2-11). LaCarie Edmonson led the way with 13.
* Eastern 87, Aussie Travelers 35
: Jordan Brangers scored 18 points and Chris Renfroe 15 for the Eagles (8-6).